The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jack's S366 TT6 Build

JackyBoi

Cheers! It's all down to personal preference mate. I always stuck to my guns with the stock spoiler, but as time went on I saw more and more Supra's with the half-carbon TRD and I changed my opinion that it looked nicer :) I think it compliments the lines; you can see on the very base of the spoiler the pillars stick out in line with the big bulges above the rear wheel arches.

As for the rear bumper, as you can see some **** went into the back of me, so I've already got an OEM one to put on and I'm also hunting down a second-hand Shine Auto carbon diffuser :D

Go on mate .. try to convince me :D ;) :D

Nice idea on the rear part ; I would do the same if I had to get rid of my Trial. ;)

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Go on mate .. try to convince me :D ;) :D

Nice idea on the rear part ; I would do the same if I had to get rid of my Trial. ;)

I'd happily get another Trial and have the diffuser part wrapped in carbon fibre (I think Trial's are one of if not the best rear's you can get for a Supra) but we're gonna mix it up a bit :)

As for the TRD... Just go for it ;) and if you hate it, sell it for 20 quid less and call it a loss, but you've learnt that you really DON'T want one :)

Was it a really thin layer of clear coat you used? Ive noticed in the past using rattle cans you have to use heavy coats to the point it almost runs to get a decent finish, try rubbing them down with 2000grit next time aswell, that will ensure theres no high spots or trapped dust etc, nice smooth surface to finish on.

big twins are laggy but i liked the way the power came in on mine.. sounds immense too. I can understand members wanting to give things a go but all the money your spending on the engine and turbo kit and your painting in aerosols?? weather will always affect spraying especially in a shed with no heating or proper equipment.

Yeah, the paint didn't gloss up at all, even with AutoGlyn super-resin polish and a whole lot of buffing. Can you recommend another paint brand?

For the money you are spending on the build, i'd pay 100quid to get them done professionally.

Have you used rubber gaskets/sealant between the spoiler uprights and center blade and between the uprights and boot lid? if you don't you will get water inside the wing.

I didn't know you had to use any... Where can I get some as they weren't supplied

big twins are laggy but i liked the way the power came in on mine.. sounds immense too. I can understand members wanting to give things a go but all the money your spending on the engine and turbo kit and your painting in aerosols?? weather will always affect spraying especially in a shed with no heating or proper equipment.

I'll consider it once I find a place local to me that does it!!

I didn't know you had to use any... Where can I get some as they weren't supplied

I'll consider it once I find a place local to me that does it!!

Get some clear silicon from B&Q, cheap and works well. Doesn't cause any issues when removing the spoiler either, just needs a clean

Do you just put a thin layer towards the outside of all the parts where they join?

You just need a bead of sealant between the wing parts and between the wing and boot lid, it stops rain water getting inside the wing and sloshing around. Alternatively get some thin sheet of rubber and cut some gaskets to fit.

You just need a bead of sealant between the wing parts and between the wing and boot lid, it stops rain water getting inside the wing and sloshing around. Alternatively get some thin sheet of rubber and cut some gaskets to fit.

Nice one; thanks for the help :) where the heck do I find sheets of rubber lol

With solid colour white, you shouldn't need to lacquer them. Cellulose spray cans from halfords are mixed with the glossifier already in. It's only metallics and pearlescents that need lacquer.

You really need to lay the paint on thick, and only leave around 10 minutes between coats. Around 3 full coats should be ample. Then, wet sand back and buff with compound.

However, to paint them properly in 2k, wouldn't be expensive, and give a much better finish

With solid colour white, you shouldn't need to lacquer them. Cellulose spray cans from halfords are mixed with the glossifier already in. It's only metallics and pearlescents that need lacquer.

You really need to lay the paint on thick, and only leave around 10 minutes between coats. Around 3 full coats should be ample. Then, wet sand back and buff with compound.

However, to paint them properly in 2k, wouldn't be expensive, and give a much better finish

I think it's because it's too cold to be painting outdoors combined with the fact I may have waited too long in between coats; I'm just gonna get it professionally done for £80 :)

You could get some rubber washers, around 3mm thick, and use them to help seal around the bolt holes. Put a thin smear of grease on them, to aid sealing ;)

That's a good idea, might go for that as it saves cleaning any silicon if I decide to take it off ;)

Good shout, shame you're not nearer, as I'd have done them for you - for less than that

Warming the cans up in hot water, and using a hairdryer on the parts to warm those up too helps a lot!

It's funny you should say that because I used a hair drier on the uprights but obviously it did nout. Oh well, lesson learnt; don't buy rattle cans from Halfords :D

After continuously looking for some Top Secret side skirts to no avail, I've decided to buy some Blitz from KnightRacer and have them modified since I don't like the way they look stock. Basically the bit towards the front wheels which covers up some bodywork just looks daft IMO; see pictures of before (stock) and how I want them to look (after being modified)

Hopefully this will look as good as if not better than the Top Secret skirts, plus I'm saving myself £££ :D