The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Jack's S366 TT6 Build

JackyBoi

What exactly do you mean by bracing? As in ensuring that everything is 100% secured, or something totally different? :)

Basically a solid bracket that attaches the turbo/manifold to the engine block or head. They are a common sight on turbo engines in motorsport, because the weight of a turbo is a significant load on the joints and welds of the manifold. They take all different shapes and sizes, best having a Google for some ideas. :)

It is VITAL that they are braced to the engine, and NOT to the car bodywork though!

• Replies 755
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're generally custom, so they're as easy or as hard as you design them :) Some mount to rocker cover bolts, some use the manifold bolts etc. Like I said, have a google of the various designs people use. :)

Will do buddy, thank you for the help :) seems like a worthy investment considering the price of this build!! :thumbs:

Guest Nicholas

Subscribed, although I agree with a lot of the comments re: Twins being old school, very laggy and poor to drive at slow speeds, it's nice to see something different. Good luck with the build!

Just finished putting the fourth and final layer of lacquer on the pillars. It's looking veeerry smooth which I'm very pleased with since this was all done with rattle cans. All that's left to do is let it dry for 24 hours then polish, then I can get the TRD on the car!

Also, on an unrelated topic, is anyone able to identify this exhaust for me? (Sorry for crappy pictures) I've been told it's a Ti HKS, then a Ti GReddy etc etc. I need an answer since its up for sale soon :)

Thanks guys! :thumbs:

Do you plan to run ethanol?

It's nice to see that rare big twin setup being built. Although the single turbos are the route most people go these days, I wish you the best luck with your build.

You can't beat the look of a big twin engine bay. ;) :D

No I'll just be running BP Ultimate I think it's 97RON where I am :) thanks bro! :thumbs:

Do you plan to run ethanol?

It's nice to see that rare big twin setup being built. Although the single turbos are the route most people go these days, I wish you the best luck with your build.

You can't beat the look of a big twin engine bay. ;) :D

Exactly luc

- - - Updated - - -

No I'll just be running BP Ultimate I think it's 97RON where I am :) thanks bro! :thumbs:

I'm happy for you jacky.

The TRD is ready! :D

I thought I'd throw together a quick spoiler removal guide since it's so easy to do, first things first: remove the black boot surround (give it a good tug because the clips won't break)

Which reveals this

There are four bolts in total to remove, two on each side:

Be VERY careful that you don't let the bolts slide into the actual boot, otherwise you will spend hours upon hours trying to fish it out (believe me, I know!) Also make sure you or a mate has a hand on the spoiler otherwise it's gonna fall off and crack :p

Then line up the new spoiler with the existing holes. It might take some persuasion to line it all up :D

Finally, bolt it all back together nice and tight (but not too tight! ;) ) then Et voila! You now have a new sick ass spoiler

The white paint I bought isn't the exact shade of white even though I bought Toyota 040 (typical Halfrauds) so will go over it again sometime, but for now it's all good :D

Hope this helped someone! :thumbs:

Nice documentation mate. ;)

I have been tempted a couple of times to go for a TRD wing too, but cannot help myself with the feeling that the stock one looks better on white/silver cars. The TRD, as it's quite wide on the base, breaks the Supra lines imo.

P.S. Will you keep the white paint on the diffuser part on the Trial rear?

Nice documentation mate. ;)

I have been tempted a couple of times to go for a TRD wing too, but cannot help myself with the feeling that the stock one looks better on white/silver cars. The TRD, as it's quite wide on the base, breaks the Supra lines imo.

P.S. Will you keep the white paint on the diffuser part on the Trial rear?

Cheers! It's all down to personal preference mate. I always stuck to my guns with the stock spoiler, but as time went on I saw more and more Supra's with the half-carbon TRD and I changed my opinion that it looked nicer :) I think it compliments the lines; you can see on the very base of the spoiler the pillars stick out in line with the big bulges above the rear wheel arches.

As for the rear bumper, as you can see some **** went into the back of me, so I've already got an OEM one to put on and I'm also hunting down a second-hand Shine Auto carbon diffuser :D