The mkiv Supra Owners Club

2015 Mustang RHD

ozz

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is the cornering Abz?

Isn't actually that bad, it isn't great compared to throwing around an RS4 or M3 convertible, and you can really feel the weight of the car pushing it but seeing as most folks will be cruising in it anyway they'd hardly notice.

Not them stangs Jay!! :D

Handling is supposed to be sorted with the new rear suspension. Very, very fast car, 0-62 in 4.4 seconds and there is already a 'charged version. I've been listening to sounds clips on youtube, makes me giggle like a little kid. The last car that sounded that good was my NA supra with the Blitz Nur Spec.

I really hope I'm lucky and can get one - the dealer said no chance at first, made a few calls and said he can take a deposit. and yes, has to be the V8! Porsche just been serviced and MOT'd so will likely go up for sale soon.

This is something that I am looking to order, however, another point to note is that the Ford Performance catalogue will be released in the UK for use on the mustang, and this offers serious options, also, some Ford dealers in the UK will be RTR dealers, which means you can spec the car new with 725bhp, however, I'm looking at ordering a spec 2, so it has the bodystyling package plus some bolt on breathing mods, it looks aggressive as hell:

http://www.mustangrtr.com/images/backgrounds/rtr-home-bkgnd.jpg

When you get it marc you will have to bring it to squires

are you still keeping the supra?

Ha, yes I would and no, it would be replacing the 3 Series as the daily, it obviously depends on funds, but forcasting looks good, so hoping that by the time it's released I should be in a comfortable position to get an RTR one.

This is something that I am looking to order, however, another point to note is that the Ford Performance catalogue will be released in the UK for use on the mustang, and this offers serious options, also, some Ford dealers in the UK will be RTR dealers, which means you can spec the car new with 725bhp, however, I'm looking at ordering a spec 2, so it has the bodystyling package plus some bolt on breathing mods, it looks aggressive as hell:

http://www.mustangrtr.com/images/backgrounds/rtr-home-bkgnd.jpg

http://images.thecarconnection.com/lrg/2015-ford-mustang-rtr_100488920_l.jpg

http://gearheads.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/2015-mustang-rtr-rear.jpg?34dab0

Well that's changed my view on the new stang!

May have to look into that a bit more, have you got a list of who will be the UK dealerships for rtr?

• 4 weeks later...

So the prices have been announced, from £28,995 for the 2.3T and £32,995 5.0 GT.

Personally I think that's a fantastic price for a brand new V8 with 418hp, LSD, leather throughout, IRS, launch control, line lock as well as all the other features you would expect on a modern car. I think they will sell well, possibly really well if Ford do good Finance/Lease deals on them.

Mmmm, V8 in Magnetic or Deep impact blue. :D

http://www.ford.co.uk/ConfigureyourCar/NewMustang/

I think the car looks awesome. I had a 2014 model in the States and drove from LA to Vegas through Death Valley in April last year and fell in love, even though it was a V6 auto rental car special which is definitely not the one I would buy. Went back to Vegas in October and saw the new shape and does look really cool in the flesh. It will look superb on UK roads, and I agree with everyone it has to have a V8.

The one to have will be the GT350 they are working on, naturally aspirated V8 with over 500 BHP and a flat plane crank and 8000 rpm redline, will be epic!

So the prices have been announced, from £28,995 for the 2.3T and £32,995 5.0 GT.

Personally I think that's a fantastic price for a brand new V8 with 418hp, LSD, leather throughout, IRS, launch control, line lock as well as all the other features you would expect on a modern car.

Line lock is not *really* the sort of thing most car owners would want, or might even know what it is! I have used the expression "All fur coat and no knickers" once today already, in another thread. I can think of nothing more appropriate for this rather garish piece of American automotive styling. Engineering is somewhat too complimentary ;) If I had a daughter I'd be aghast at a young man arriving in such a thing to take her out ;)

• 2 weeks later...

My colleague talked to Ford last week trying to buy a mustang and was told due to numbers waiting he won't get one until 2016 earliest.

Ford called me again today and because I managed to pay a deposit they have confirmed the car options I want and said I should be able to have one of the first group built. Binding order will be placed by April, built in Aug/Sep then shipped to me Q4!!! Exciting!

Looking forward to the pics. But it won't be a real Mustang until you strap an enormous supercharger to it :D

I still think they are ugly from the front, EU regs! But I'm buying the noise and the idea :D. Hopefully this will be a very long term car for me so yes SC will be an option!