j_jza80

• Replies 856
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...

The Supra probably feels a little neglected at the moment, as much of my spare time has been spent sorting my Corrado out for its eventual sale. But a few weeks ago I placed an order for a new scuttle panel for the Supra, as I felt mine looked a little dated compared to the immaculate bodywork and brand new headlights :D So when I dropped my Corrado off at the paintshop on Tuesday, I also dropped off my slightly tired looking wiper arms. Anyway, just by complete chance the scuttle and the wiper arms were both ready for collection today, so it would have been rude not to fit them. :)

before (I had already removed the wipers at this stage, but I'm sure you get the idea :D )

After removing the scuttle, I found these areas that are going to need attention. It is only very mild, and is most likely cause by a combination of regular standing water, and the crap paint finish used in the hidden areas. I would recommend you all check the area under the scuttle for this, as if left untreated it could potentially rot through, causing moisture to enter the cabin in the last place you want that to happen!

Old and new :)

After :cool:

Very pleased with the results. Only point worth mentioning on this job is that the little plastic clips that hold the sealing strip on the firewall are a PITA. They're brittle and difficult to get to. If I were doing this again, I would order new clips and/or a new seal.

Just wanted to say a big thanks for the inspiration and guidance on the paddle shift conversion! This weekend was Dragonball and the first real go at putting the conversion through its paces, and wow did it deliver. I’ve historically always been a bit of a manual fan but with the paddle conversion its transformed my beliefs and could well be the best thing since sliced bread. During the very spirited drives round the twisty’s it was great to be able to keep both hands on the wheel and flick up and down through the gears, really was great fun! Cheers

Just wanted to say a big thanks for the inspiration and guidance on the paddle shift conversion! This weekend was Dragonball and the first real go at putting the conversion through its paces, and wow did it deliver. I’ve historically always been a bit of a manual fan but with the paddle conversion its transformed my beliefs and could well be the best thing since sliced bread. During the very spirited drives round the twisty’s it was great to be able to keep both hands on the wheel and flick up and down through the gears, really was great fun! Cheers

No worries :thumbs: I hope others follow suit, as it really brings the tiptronic up to date and as you've siad, it transforms the driving experience.

Your car is looking great mate and clearly being very well looked after :thumbs:

Coming from you, that's a great compliment. :) thanks.

The car had its first MOT under my ownership today, and as expected, it passed with flying colours :cool: As I had it serviced a couple of weeks ago, and many of the parts are brand new, I should hopefully have no worries now for a long time to come.

Which leaves me able to concentrate on taking the car to the next level. :eyebrows:

The next update will be a pretty major one, and will leave no doubt as to the type of car I am building.

- - - Updated - - -

Which intercooler pipes do you have fella?

Im looking for one what goes over the stock airbox like yours!

Mine is the full HKS hardpipe kit. :) I believe the Whifbitz ones work in exactly the same way.

:thumbs:

The sound seems pretty inconsistent though, I wonder if that's to do with where it's mounted?

That might be one where the mic wasn't switched on/battery was dead on it, oops. Congrats on the MOT, mine does the same and flies through. Great cars.

Okay, this isn't the major update I promised, but that should be coming soon! :D

For now, I have had the Supra at the paintshop - again. Just to recap, when I fitted my new scuttle panel, I found a little surface rust on the metal underneath

Nothing major, but I wanted it sorting out correctly. This is how it now looks

Picking the car up tomorrow, but before I reassemble it all I will be giving that area a spray with waxoyl, which should prevent it ever happening again.

And after a light dusting of waxoyl :)

Shame none of its visible now :D

Edited by j_jza80 (see edit history)

Well, I promised you a big update, and here it is...

Ive started getting the bits together for my imminent single turbo conversion :cool:

So far, this consists of:

- Garrett GTX3576R Turbo, with 1.06ar divided T4 housing. Big thanks to forum trader Tim at TB Developments for doing me an amazing price on this turbo. No one else could get close to the price he did me.

- Brand new HKS T04Z turbo kit (minus turbo), consisting of manifold with T4 divided outlet, with single 60mm vband wastegate flange, hks wastegate, downpipe, all lines, fittings etc. Lovely, high quality kit. Thanks to Rob W for this. :)

- Sard 800cc drop in injectors. Also from Rob.

I still need to buy an ECU, which will predictably be a Syvecs S6 plus. And part of that setup will be a true DBW conversion, mainly to give me cruise control :D

The aim is for an ultra responsive 550hp car built for devastating cross country pace :cool:

The Kit sounds Promising and will be interested to see how it all turns out. Is the A/r a little high or is that what you had on your previous single ?

It's purely guess work really, as this turbo is unproven on the 2JZ. From my research, going for a smaller ar would have netted me a little response, but would have really strangled the top end. It will still be an incredibly responsive setup, especially as my car is vvti.

It's a pretty easy and inexpensive swap too should be unhappy with it :)