Batmobile SR.......

jazz1

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this the start of the longest ever build? Nothing has happend lol

Feels that way lol, but when choosing the right people for the job sometimes the key is patience. I'm in no rush and neither will I stress out the people working on my car, as I want my car to be built with patience no rush.

Plenty has Happend behind the scenes(big smiles) but the build Unfortunatly will begin next year :cool:, I think I'm going for the name "Evil Rat".

• 4 months later...

I will leave this here, finally feeling more positive :).

Why I opted for a complete inside out respray, it's hard to catch imperfections with the camera, never would I win any show if I left the car.

Start of a new project to complete my dream when I first got the car aged 13 ;).

Teaser :), nearly finished every single corner has been done from inside doors, under bonnet to back panel etc.

Edited by jazz1 (see edit history)

Who's doing the paintwork ? pm me if you wish to keep it secret.

i'm looking for somewhere good to do work for me

He is a friend of my brother, his work is flawless as I have seen the cars he's done from show to prestige and he done my brothers Scooby.

My dad use to be a basic respray guy but he totally ruined my car every aspect was rubbish paint peeling, reaction etc as he cut corners.

The guy doing my car now was laughing at the job my dad done, but I'm happy now as every corner has been resprayed and done properly in a oven spray booth.

• 5 weeks later...

Right I have taken my car back from my brothers friend after 8 months of excuses :(, I could have enjoyed my car during summer now I have towed it back in a complete utter mess! All I been hearing is excuses since last year cut long story short I gave him the car May 2014 and a deadline for January 2015 as my cars due for my rebuild! He has completely let me down ontop of this given me huge stress.

I left him very polite text messages stating I need my car back as I had enough arguing with him last year with fake promises, only to receive in return threatening messages along with the words "Cry baby" on my voicemail! Yes I cried several times on the phone I'm very emotional when it comes to my car as I have worked very hard. I should have listened to my partner last year when she said take your car back, my own dad saw the car today and said no chance it would be finished in another month!

One lesson I learned in life is never give your business to friends of friends, so now I have a better person going to be working on my car from scratch. The cost will be more but at least I'm getting no stress and it is going to be done by professionals:Pling:

Thanks guys I'm just very thankfull I have my car back and most important giving this car to professionals who know how to complete a job and satisfy customers but also speak in a polite manner! Anyways I should try being more positive now and stress less hopefully it should be in good hands the main part the car still starts.

What has also annoyed me is how he has sprayed the inside parts and than decided to start aligning the kit after which has resulted in chipped paint in certain parts, the colour also seems to be my brothers scooby colour code! So now the whole car has to be done all over again inside out as I'm not fan of pearl black colour! I think a complete different colour is on my cards now maybe Red, white who knows.........

I've learnt this, you can't trust some people so don't bother. Always best to just take it to a professional that has a good reputation. I hope you didn't pay him anything?!

Also as above the car was lovely before.

Thanks it is a lot to go into and I just want to leave this behind as lesson learned! The car will most probabaly be staying the same way kit wise. Considering the build plans have changed for better thanks to working hard I want the very best for this car from all angles and I truly beleive the team behind the job is the very best on this forum for the job.

Sounds like this is the best move forwards, some times you just have to cut your loses and run

Not that gets the last year back, but least you have the Supra back and you can now pass it to someone trustworthy

Very true hopefully I will be much happy once all complete :).