The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Batmobile SR.......

jazz1

Gutted for you fella, I've been in the same situation.... Even got a wood screw in my bumper because the muppet couldn't alingn the fixing points.

I was raging to the point that I just took my car back.

Wow it's the most worst feeling seeing someone ruin your pride and joy! That's the best thing I have done is take my car back. My dad needs to go collect my other parts but at least my car is back after all this stress.

Edited by jazz1 (see edit history)

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have been thinking a long time why there were no update's from you :/ what an idiot, to be such a fool.

I know I think he was not bothered about my car so much and was to busy doing other jobs thats what happens when you give your car to related friends etc! Anyways lesson learned for me at least I'm stress free now, on the plus side my eyes are now set on the combination of black and Rosso red.

reading on your drama - It reminds my early days with resprays - nearly every car I had I fully resprayed. Until now, when I did my Supra with me being in the bodyshop every day doing jobs hated by others and mostly not done if customer dont see - I am super happy!!! I have seen everything paint flaking off, tapes, silicones etc. The most important part is quality of paint my Supra was re-sprayed with Du-Point products paint cost was £600. Does not include primers and everything else.

Just make sure you keep on top of everything do not trust fully in reputation - pop in every so often to see not always by appointment, I know it sounds strange but quality of any work these days depreciated dramatically.

I am mega anal with my cars - :D

• 1 month later...

Right I spent last two days cleaning/sorting out the car and putting everything back together so i can tow the car when it's ready for the professionals :).

The guy recommended by my brother turned out to be a total CLOWN! I was promised false words and in return I get my car back in a complete mess after 9 months! I'm so glad I pulled the car out before he even sprayed the outside!

This is some of the few faults I have found;

1. I asked for the surface rust to be treated and rectified, he was way to lazy to even treat the surface rust and decided to just slap on the underseal spray. The end result temporary covered the rust, which has now started to peel and show!

2. It is very hard to catch some of the faults the door sills have a lot of paint chips, runs and scratches.

3. Primer is showing under intense light, obviously he must have been drunk whilst spraying :rolleyes:.

4. Runs and I also noticed there's a lot of lines showing behind the laquer as if it's done with Halfords rattle cans!

5. Paint chipping,

6. Paint reaction!

There's more faults I found similar to the above on different panels, just goes to show how hard it is to trust some people these days!

Hope you didn't pay for that ??

I lost out some and I lost out nearly 1k worth of overtime and annual leave at work, running around last year to this clown as he kept saying next week month, next week, tomorrow etc!

The CLOWN kept promising me his work will shock others and will be show standard..............

I lost out some and I lost out nearly 1k worth of overtime and annual leave at work, running around last year to this clown as he kept saying next week month, next week, tomorrow etc!

The CLOWN kept promising me his work will shock others and will be show standard..............

wow im sorry but i dont think id would of kept my hands under controll

It certainly shocked!!!!

Really sorry to hear this, what a utter twit. Good to see though someone else took the pictures for you!!!

It certainly shocked!!!!

Really sorry to hear this, what a utter twit. Good to see though someone else took the pictures for you!!!

Lol I took the pictures! On the good note I'm so much more positive on the guys spraying my car next, truly utter superb quality workmanship :).

Lol I took the pictures! On the good note I'm so much more positive on the guys spraying my car next, truly utter superb quality workmanship :).

Whatever Jazz :D

It is indeed good news & I think you got a lucky escape! Imagine paying thousands for him to finish the job to that standard!!

• 4 months later...
hows the project???????? all is real quet

I decided to change some plans, plus due to the previous clown ruining my car I had to wait the turn before mine does go into the new shop, back log.

Fingers crossed not long, I am just remaining positive as this has been a dream since having the car back in 1997 at 12 years old.

• 11 months later...