The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

I've just seen they remade Point Break. Which numnut approved that! Will never be as good as the original! And two the lead actors don't come close at all (switching hair colours doesn't help either - in the remake the utah is blonde and bohdi is dark haired. That's just confusing)

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, some of you might have seen the viral movie trailer and music video (with the Hoff) for the film Kung Fury; the crowd source funded film about a Kung fu renagade cop.

Well it was just launched for free on YouTube tonight. Hope you enjoy it :)

It's 30 min long btw.

That's hilarious!

Being massively into watching films I can't believe I've only just come across this thread! When I say massively I've actually gone to the effort to build a full blown Cinema in my living room lol... (Wife friendly off course)

Last nights movie was Focus with Will Smith.

I had low expections to be honest I think Will Smith is a great actor and done some amazing films over the years but the Trailer didn't leave me with high hopes BUT I really enjoyed it. There was a great twist that I can normally work out in most films but didn't in this, it was all about the acting and hardly any special effects witch makes a nice change in recent years and the girl (love story) played out pretty well plus she is rather hot :D

I would say another solid 7/10 film. Who's seen and what did you think?

I would say it's one not to delay and have a watch ;)

On the cinema screening this evening we have scheduled for kingsman: secret service. Looks very cheesy and over the top but I like Samuel L. Jackson, Colin Firth and off course the one and only Michael Caine so fingers crossed it's not to bad!!!

Just got back from a late night showing of mad max fury road and I have to say after watching the originals this weekend, this new one was a massive let down. Honestly mad max 2 was in a different league. The castings weren't good. Tom hardy I expected to be better. He starts with a half decent Aussie accent then at the end just gives up completely. None of the other castings even bother apart from the older women.

Overall not a great experience, started off very promising but after that first intro with the interceptor it declines quickly. Also not worth watching in 3D at all!

Wow Jason, totally different to my experience.

I thought it was absolutely incredible, one of the best films I've ever seen at the cinema and the 3D was as effective as I've seen. Subtly used every now and then and in your face when it needs to be.

The film and it's visuals were mesmerising for me, and it's a massive thing for cinema that films like this can get made in this day and age of spinoffs and ensemble universe movies.

I thought it was absolutely incredible.

All I want to know is...Does the interceptor survive and does he get it back?

I haven't seen this yet but I fear the director may have missed his fan base and market are the car fans and not the fight scene fans

All I want to know is...Does the interceptor survive and does he get it back?

I haven't seen this yet but I fear the director may have missed his fan base and market are the car fans and not the fight scene fans

Spoiler warning!

No and no. Dissapointed.

I watched this at the weekend and I can say your probably correct. Less car focus more manic choreography and "tussling"

I'm hoping this means I'm not alone in my thinking!

Saw Chappie last night! Was a pleasant surprise!

Also impressed by Kingsman! Very enjoyable flick!

Now, as far as GREAT films go I caught Shutter Island on the TV the other night.. I've seen it before when it first came out and loved it. This time I appreciated it even more!

Such an amazing film! The direction from Scorcese is beyond flawless and builds an amazing atmosphere and the performance from DiCaprio is one of his best if not the best.

Saw Chappie last night! Was a pleasant surprise!

Also impressed by Kingsman! Very enjoyable flick!

Now, as far as GREAT films go I caught Shutter Island on the TV the other night.. I've seen it before when it first came out and loved it. This time I appreciated it even more!

Such an amazing film! The direction from Scorcese is beyond flawless and builds an amazing atmosphere and the performance from DiCaprio is one of his best if not the best.

Totally agree shutter island is fantastic, I couldn't sit down and watch it again though knowing the twist.

Watched Ex Machina last night, very enjoyable even though it sagged a bit in the middle. Brilliant effects though and the ending is pretty accurate I think to what would happen.

Watched The Purge: Anarchy tonight. I remember reading that this was the sequel that wasn't expected or necessarily wanted/needed but it was pretty good. It did seem to go all Hard Target (Van Damme film) towards the end though, I'd have liked more plot.

Also it had one or two of those incredibly infuriating and annoying characters that all these films seem to have who you actually just want to get killed off as soon as possible, which kind of grated on me a bit.

• 2 weeks later...
Watched Jurassic World last night.

WOW!

Goose bumps, was amazing, many memories in that film, bringing me back to when I was a kid and watched Jurassic park.

The story is great, action is great, cgi and animatronics are great.

Great buzz from this film

CGI is great, story predictable, almost a remake of the original and for me that made it mildly boring I'm afraid. Kids enjoyed it though.

Kingsman, as mentioned, was a pleasant surprise - nice tongue in cheek self-depracating film with touches of Kick Ass - well worth a watch.

The Gambler is a good film - Mark Wahlberg plays a good part in this one - really enjoyed it.

Travolta is also good in The Forger - enjoyed that one too and would recommend it.

Started to watch Get Hard the other night and turned it off - utter drivel. Will Ferrell might have been good in Elf but after that, he's just been sh1te.

Ex Machina was really good, great story with a nice twist at the end.

Chappie was a good watch - thought it was a kids film so when the first batch of F words flew the kids were ushered out of the room!

Focus with Will Smith and Margot Robbie is a well put together film, really liked that one and not just for the eye candy that is Miss Robbie!

And finally today, Project Almanac - great little film that didn't get much exposure. Nice time travel story with a slightly different take. Nicely done.

And now off to my Speed Awareness Course!!

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched Kingsman. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I can't recommend it enough. It's a real refreshing change to films of this genre, very modern and very very well made.

I was almost severely disappointed until the very, very, end. Everything was wrapped up in a very nice bow :D

Don't have any misconceptions about the flick. Just sit back and enjoy. It's brilliant :)

Just to add, I thought Colin Firth was absolutely outstanding in this. Really showed another dynamic to his already vast acting ability.

Followed it up with Mad Max. Great performances, unbelievable cinematography but I couldn't help but feel let down by the film overall. The plot was wafer thin, literally nothing to it. If it wasn't for the cast doing a really sterling portrayal then I honestly think this film would have panned.

I understood a lot of the character, but the laid back approach that Hardy put in was a little strange given the circumstances. He did well with it though so credit to him. It's just not...... mad max if you know what I mean. He was more haunted than emotional tbh.