The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mini Movie Review

Scott

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to the cinema last week as they were playing the original Terminator :D Planning on watching 2 again before we go to see Genisys next week.

Hearing pretty bad reviews already though. If they're promoting it as much as Arnie and Emilia Clarke have been as of late then I guess they're trying to pull crowds in whilst knowing it's not going to be great.

No mention of Jurassic World at all?! Went to see it and it gets a 'meh' from me. Good to see it all again and the music obviously played a big part. But I never really got too much into it.

Watched American Sniper tonight. I know I'm a bit behind the times with this but I thoroughly enjoyed it. As always there's a bit of poetic license but I felt that they didn't take the film too far from reality which was very apt. Stunning performances from Cooper and Miller, very gritty and thought provoking at times.

Thought ole Eastwood did fantastic with the Direction. Loved the cinematography of the whole thing and the homage at the end was stunning.

I doubt it's a spoiler but just in case...... ******SPOILER ALERT*******

How grimly ironic is it that the guy could endure all of that warfare only to meet his end at a gun drawn from a comrade? With his friend too, who had little mention at the end. Looked after his brothers well though.

• 2 weeks later...

38 minutes into Insurgent, had to turn it off. It's absolutely AWFUL. Slow, boring and not at all entertaining. There is no chemistry in the acting, nothing at all. It's as dull as dishwater.

Divergent was OK, this is just horrendous.

Unfortunately it's a bit late to be starting in on another film so I'll need to make do with Arrow now :(

Jurassic World for us last night. Thoroughly enjoyed it. It's had a mixed bag of reviews but I thought it was spot on. It's never, ever, going to be scientifically/historically accurate but it's a VERY entertaining film with just the amount of stereotypes to make it familiar.

Nice idea with regards to the main antagonist, saw the twist coming but didn't ruin it for the rest of the family. Good all round entertainment, I'll definitely watch it again. Much better than the 2 previous sequels.

I did watch Jupiter Ascending the other night, it looked good but was unfortunately pretty terrible.

Should have gone to specsavers. A guy I work with said the same and I raised my left eyebrow so high I burned it on the lights.

Ha! I may have meant that Mila Kunis looked good.

She was the only reason I watched it! That and it was a 13 hour flight! Could not believe how boring a film you could have made and I am sure it wasn't cheap to make either, the acting was truly awful too.

Watched Kung Fu Jungle tonight. Really digging my Donnie Yen films of late. This one hit the crossbar but it was still good Kung Fu fun. It has every Kung Fu stereotype going, including one of the weakest plots I've seen; and I've seen a lot, but it was good entertainment.

For anyone that hasn't seen it, Dragon (the Donnie Yen one) is a must see (as is the Jason Scott Lee one lol). Absolutely astounding film all around, masterpiece in my eyes.

Finally got around to watching Interstellar tonight...... WOW!!

This film absolutely blew me away. An absolute roller coaster of emotions. I know it's set in space and all but it in no way was a science fiction film for me, it was a complete thriller/drama. Exceptional performances pretty much all round, a spine tingling score and just a gripping movie from start to finish.

I honestly can't believe this film has been dealt criticism, it's brilliant.

9.5/10 (I can't give it 10 as only my top few films get that score, this is WAY up there though).

Mini-Spoiler!!

As a Dad to 2 daughters my eyes were even welling up :D

Loved Interstellar as well, great film. Was a shame that there were too many bufty's trying to pick holes in the plot and stuff. Think it was those guys that were giving it bad criticism.

Friend of mine went to see Fantastic Four the other day and said it was the worst film he's seen all year. Very nearly the worst Marvel film made (just pipped by Rise of the Silver Surfer). A shame really as they had a chance to start over and give it a good shot.

Went to see Inside Out last week as well. What a great film!

I'll look into inside out for the wee one, not really my cup of tea though ;)

Interstellar had a few cracks that needed plastering over, but every film does. There's just no way you could make 100% logical sense of a film like that without overlooking a few things and leaving the method ambiguous. I had a few questions such as.....

*SPOILER*

How did the watch magically store the morse code? I can make peace with being able to make the 2nd hand move, but how do you get it to remember all that code (must have been stacks of it). There were a few other bits and bobs as well, such as why did "we" save him at the end? There was no need, was it a reward? No mention of it at all which I thought was strange. In his shoes I would at least have said thanks lol.

Just finishing Avengers Age of Ultron. It's my 2nd attempt at watching it and I managed to get through it this time, although it was only just.

I absolutely loved the Avengers, this sequel just didn't do it for me though, so thrown together.

Anyway, one line really did make me laugh........ "If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you get killled........... walk it off" :D

Just finishing Avengers Age of Ultron. It's my 2nd attempt at watching it and I managed to get through it this time, although it was only just.

I absolutely loved the Avengers, this sequel just didn't do it for me though, so thrown together.

Anyway, one line really did make me laugh........ "If you get hurt, hurt them back. If you get killled........... walk it off" :D

I felt exactly the same, the formula is getting a little tired now, and to think we are only about halfway though their cinematic universe.