The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One of them "Gauging Interest" threads. 1997 TT VVTi Tiptronic, Gunmetal, 67K, BPU.

Havard

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

H & Vicki

I know exactly how you feel, mine has spent 3 years in various forms of being in bits and I've considered selling/breaking numerous times, but on the odd occasions when the planets aligned and the car behaved I've loved every single minute of driving.... I've now got LeeP sorting it, as I've had enough :)

Don't sell - just take the opportunity when you can to get out and have a drive :D

Ps I've heard its been used as a drug mule ;)

I'm pretty sure that's harassment :D

No mate, MARRIAGE!!

This..!!

H & Vicki

I know exactly how you feel, mine has spent 3 years in various forms of being in bits and I've considered selling/breaking numerous times, but on the odd occasions when the planets aligned and the car behaved I've loved every single minute of driving.... I've now got LeeP sorting it, as I've had enough :)

Don't sell - just take the opportunity when you can to get out and have a drive :D

Ps I've heard its been used as a drug mule ;)

Rob. This all started with me wanting a motorbike and then a 911. I have given over seven years to the marque and at some point we have to move on. I reckon this car has done less that 2K miles this year and that includes 1020 miles on DB.

H.

Seriously if you dont need to sell it then see about storeing it, as you will be struggling to find a mint, stock example in the future for sensible money (if at all),

I rarely drive mine either, ive done under 1k miles in a year and less than 4k in 3 1/2 years, thing is i know when i come to start it, it will start every time even after a long lay off thats why i havent moved on, reliability means alot!

Better than any crout wagon!

Racist..!!

Seriously if you dont need to sell it then see about storeing it, as you will be struggling to find a mint, stock example in the future for sensible money (if at all),

I rarely drive mine either, ive done under 1k miles in a year and less than 4k in 3 1/2 years, thing is i know when i come to start it, it will start every time even after a long lay off thats why i havent moved on, reliability means alot!

Like I said before. I have had Supes for 7 years and at the moment I can't justify having a third car sat on the drive. Whenever we go out it is with the kids and it's either the Volvo or Santa Fe gets used. Last time Vicki and I had a weekend for jus the two of us, the Supe wasn't running because of a noise we thought was the diff. It now seems like it was a stone in the brake caliper.

If I was using it even occasionally and for meets it would be acceptable.

H.

Further to the news today and some of the posts by members I will be putting the sale on hold. Depending on if/when a PW charity event takes place I will have a think about the car after.

One thing I want to do at the moment is take for for a long drive once I get her back on Wednesday.