The mkiv Supra Owners Club

One of them "Gauging Interest" threads. 1997 TT VVTi Tiptronic, Gunmetal, 67K, BPU.

Havard

He certainly has OCD, rumour is that after the sale he comes and cleans the car in the middle of night so that is a bonus to the sale!!

Though he does tend to be naked when he does this which isn't great if you wake up in the middle of the night to look out the window :D

He would have quite a distance to travel to clean it if I bought it :)

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does sound like a really well looked after car I am not disputing that.

I will let you know via pm an offer at the end of the month.

Cheers Adam. I have had a few pm's of people interested. The car 12 months ago was what I would call mint and I am a tough customer when it comes to what I perceive as perfect. I have never yet viewed a car for sale that was as good as the advert suggested and subsequently really struggle when buying cars. I just expect a little honesty and realism.

In the last 12 months, the car has not been under cover and I believe she has suffered a wee bit. The front bumper has always had a few stone chips and there is a faint line on the roof which was there when we bought it.

None of the alloys had any kerbing until a couple of weeks ago and we have now noticed some scratches on the bonnet which weren't there last year. I can only assume that a cat has scrambled off it at some point. There is also a ding in the bonnet from a stone. You would have to circle the car over and over to find the stuff I know about. OCD is a terrible thing.

Either way, she has done 12K miles since we got her and she has never missed a beat or had any mechanical or electrical problems. Always serviced once a year, regardless of miles driven.

I am still wondering if I am doing the right thing but the missus has agreed that I can let her go. She does need a good clean and so does the car..!!

H.

Probably a bit OCD myself then as it annoys me with the slightest thing on my last couple of supras.

Doesn't bother me on any other cars I have had including our current car. Must be a supra thing :)

Like I said though I will make you an offer most likely the end of this month so I know my standing money wise. It's not as straight forward for me buying a car as I'm currently working and living in Cyprus and they have weird import rules although anything is possible with the right amount of money :)

I will be in touch