The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Range Rover restoration

Dnk

WOW!! Thats some serious progress :D

:thumbs:

Nice work there mate.

Thanks Luc

You've done incredibly well to get a Classic Rangey to such an immaculate condition Dunk. I've been following a few 'for sale' threads in Land Rover Monthly Mags and the good ones (like yours) are going for mega bucks these days.

I once owned a 1993 3.9SE in Aspen Silver, back in the day, and it was simply superb; best car I have ever owned.

Great thread mate!!

Thanks Andrew, i'm quite looking forward to its first test drive now

Looking great, a very thorough build, and a credit to you and your co-workers! Looking forward to the next instalments.

Cheers Chris, the guys are very happy with how its going and pleased to

here all the praise their getting

My local car electrical shop that have been in business for donkeys years doing

alternators, starter motors etc tested my alternator and say its working as it should.

It doesn't when we fit it to the Range Rover, fitted another one from the same year RR that's

in the workshop and that works perfectly on mine, mine fitted to the other RR has the same fault.

Think i'll just buy a new Denso unit and be done with it, £120 inc vat so not too bad

$_35.JPG

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Wow it's coming on fantastically Dunk !! :thumbs:

Thanks Mike

Wow. That's awesome. What power/torque should the bigger engine push?

In 1995 the 4.0 V8 had 190 hp & 340 Nm my engine has 240 hp and 395 Nm at 3000 rpm, it was run

on the engine dyno after it was built and have attached the graph

engine 9.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Final assembly time in the new workshop

The doors and body panels still fit Chris :) There In need of a good clean though.

I am pleased they do, it's looking very much more like a Range Rover now, what else is there to do?

You'll have to start another project soon, we are enjoying all this!

You and Max are up early!

I haven't commented on this before but I've loved following the work done and the lengths gone in the build,

the quality of the workmanship shows and after a good clean she'll be looking fantastic,

looks like your running slicks on the rear from the latest pics, that to help lay down the power :p

I am pleased they do, it's looking very much more like a Range Rover now, what else is there to do?

I work permanent nights lol

I have an old knacker of a Range Rover classic he can always restore that for me :p

I don't sleep

Paint and fit lower tailgate, scuttle panel and bonnet, new head lining, new head lights, fit wiper linkage, refurb wheels & fit new tyres, fit rear bumper, corner bumpers, rear quarter windows, fit new door seals, new alternator, replace rear carpet in boot, fit a few interior parts, get it mot'd, get it detailed at my mates paintshop, clean and condition the leather and maybe a few other bits and pieces i'm forgetting

I haven't commented on this before but I've loved following the work done and the lengths gone in the build,

the quality of the workmanship shows and after a good clean she'll be looking fantastic,

looks like your running slicks on the rear from the latest pics, that to help lay down the power :p

Thanks Crock, ordered new tyres this morning which will go on the 5 spoke TWR design wheels i have to go on it

Great build Dnk. Looks insane :)

:thumbs:

Good progress mate. :thumbs:

Cheers Luc

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)