ScottC

• Replies 748
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Press release from Toyota earlier today:

A rare gathering of nearly 100 Supras met on Sunday to mark the mighty muscle car’s 20th anniversary in style. The Toyota Supra Owners Club hosted the birthday celebration, supported by Toyota GB, at the Heritage Motor Centre at Gaydon. The line-up ranged from cars in original UK specification to highly modified machines, including some of the finest examples in the country.

Supra’s UK history began in 1982 with the arrival of the Celica Supra, although a first generation Supra had already been sold elsewhere in the world. The third generation reached Britain’s shores in 1986, a thoroughbred super GT cruiser which Toyota developed to sit above the Celica range and compete towards the higher end of the sports car market.

The final model Supra, the Mk IV, was launched in the UK in 1993 to media acclaim as the fastest most powerful Supra ever. It delivered genuine supercar performance thanks to its twin-turbocharged 326bhp 3.0-litre six-cylinder engine and has lit up race tracks and drag strips ever since. A more detailed history of the Supra range can be found on the official Toyota Blog here: http://blog.toyota.co.uk/history-of-the-toyota-supra.

Supra owners have indulged in a considerable array of modifications to their vehicles with customisation kits and the option of tuning the 3JZE engine to more than 1,000bhp. This trend continues today with the Toyota GT86, for which a great range of personalisation options are available.

The club organized a Supra convoy to the museum and Toyota GB hosted a hog roast lunch. Owners were able to visit the museum’s historic vehicle collection and take home a batch of commemorative Toyota Supra cupcakes.

Press release from Toyota earlier today:

Someone from Toyota didn't proof-read the article, as I'm pretty sure the JZ engines didn't reach the 3rd generation and the Supra definitely came with the 2JZ ;)... Unless they've let the cat out of bag for the power plant for the MKV :think:

Food was great, people were even better, makes me proud to be a supra owner when we all get together like this and all have a great day.

Thanks for all the people who made this happen and was great to meet new owners and chat about the things we all love.

Hope your finger is ok pete after waspy got you.

The castrol Tom's replica Supra, thought it was a well know car in the community?

Only problem I have with that car is its an auto :p

Hum? I thought that car was horrible IMO, hahaha my feelings exactly, my dad said the same thing about every auto he saw.

- - - Updated - - -

Not only did they show up... they provided the 200 people feast, cake, cupcakes all personalised, then had art work commissioned for them two stickers you were provided ;)

Wow wow wow hang on no one mentioned cup cakes!!!!

I want my £5 back! :(