The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange dyno result. (Video added)

Kaan W

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Is your car a original tt to begin with and not a na converted?? I know when you do a tt conversion on a na, the Manu light does not operate and the overdrive light flashes... Due to not having traction control and confuses the system?? Just a thought...

Does your mode light flash constantly? it should do.... if it stays on and dont flash then manual mode is on

Mode light? Nothing flashes but my warning lights constantly on.

Is your car a original tt to begin with and not a na converted?? I know when you do a tt conversion on a na, the Manu light does not operate and the overdrive light flashes... Due to not having traction control and confuses the system?? Just a thought...

Yeah an original UK spec tt

Yeah I suppose, I will have to test it when the weathers a bit better.

When we had a play on the motorway yours launches stupidly quickly, we struggled to stay with in the RX and thats no slouch. They had trouble mapping mine as the wheels kept spinning up on the dyno. We need the weather to test her out but as Jamie said ignore the graph for now. Just contact Titan and ask a few questions, might be something silly

When we had a play on the motorway yours launches stupidly quickly, we struggled to stay with in the RX and thats no slouch. They had trouble mapping mine as the wheels kept spinning up on the dyno. We need the weather to test her out but as Jamie said ignore the graph for now. Just contact Titan and ask a few questions, might be something silly

I hope so but I think the weather is 100 percent the problem for me, im hoping on a nice hot day this car will transform completley. I also think as well as the tc slipping the wheels were too as you will see from the video all the smoke. Its just too dam cold thats what it is mate. Today has been a write off from the minute I woke up with the coolant pipe not turning up until 11 when I was suppose to be with Ryan at 10, on top of all this my lower oil line was leaking at the fitting and I lost half my oil while on the dyno so I was at a garage opposite for 2 hours getting that sorted. THEN, 2 crashes and snow on the m25 doubled the time it took to get home! I feel mentally exhausted after today.

I hope so but I think the weather is 100 percent the problem for me, im hoping on a nice hot day this car will transform completley. I also think as well as the tc slipping the wheels were too as you will see from the video all the smoke. Its just too dam cold thats what it is mate. Today has been a write off from the minute I woke up with the coolant pipe not turning up until 11 when I was suppose to be with Ryan at 10, on top of all this my lower oil line was leaking at the fitting and I lost half my oil while on the dyno so I was at a garage opposite for 2 hours getting that sorted. THEN, 2 crashes and snow on the m25 doubled the time it took to get home! I feel mentally exhausted after today.

2 crashes?!?

Your really making me look forward to my mapping session with Ryan on thursday;)

Keep your chin up I am sure everything will click into place in no time at all

How about going onto a hub dyno so you can out all the power down rather than spinning the rears? :)

That could be an option next time I suppose, im just gutted at the moment I was really hoping to come back home with a nice dyno print out. He done about 8 runs in total with the first 5 just about hitting 380bhp :conf:

Your really making me look forward to my mapping session with Ryan on thursday;)

Keep your chin up I am sure everything will click into place in no time at all

Let us know how you get on with Thursday im looking forward to it im sure it will run alot better than mine :)

I hope things start to get better with this car it cant be all bad surely lol.

I hope things start to get better with this car it cant be all bad surely lol.

Seems to me your experiencing a run of niggly problems that are really frustrating, I know because I have been there with mine. The car is great and I can tell you a lot of our members would gladly own it. Just get a plan together, sort the minor issues and get prepared for a lot of fun later in the year

Ah ok... Iirc there is something different with the jap spec and uk spec boxes... Something had to be swapped over to make something work correctly... Ill check my notes tomorrow...! Too tired to think lol! :D

correct the speed sensor spag have different number of teeth!

so this maybe why its wanting to kick down if its a jspec box in a uk it might think its going a different speed then it is ! ask the questions feel sorry for you mate not had the best of luck with this,

but still dyno numbers mean nothing and can be as much as 20% out so the first dyno might of read high and this one low

correct the speed sensor spag have different number of teeth!

so this maybe why its wanting to kick down if its a jspec box in a uk it might think its going a different speed then it is ! ask the questions feel sorry for you mate not had the best of luck with this,

but still dyno numbers mean nothing and can be as much as 20% out so the first dyno might of read high and this one low

Should this be the case, you'll also need to consider the gearing influence of whatever diff ratio, wheel size/tyre profile configuration you're running.

Message from Ryan -

The issue I had was the overdrive was not working and due to this the torque converter lock up solenoid was not engaging. Also it would never engage 3rd gear. If in 4th it would kick down 2nd always. Needs the overdrive to work and ideally manual mode. Basically it needs to run in 3rd gear otherwise it over speeds the dyno. We did manage to get a full run in 4th but only because the torque converter was slipping enough to allow the rpm to reach 6800rpm. This should not happen when the lock up solenoid engages properly.

So does anyone have any idea why my torque converter would be slipping? Also manual mode doesnt seem to make a difference when im driving so I guess it dont work. As for overdrive im not quite sure what its suppose to do but if rolling down a hill at say 60mph and I click it out the revs will increase slightly. This tells me that its going from 4th to 3rd?

Come to think of it, it does take ages to pick up speed once it goes over 100mph.