The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Strange dyno result. (Video added)

Kaan W

When in manu mode and in D it will feel sluggish pulling away from a standing start. If manu isnt working it will pull away in 1st then change to 2nd and then 3rd.

When ever I pull away in D it always goes from 1st to 2nd etc.

I forgot to mention my "D" light in the speedo does not work now when before im pretty sure it did. Could this be an answer to something?

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It was at surrey rolling road yeah but I assume its flywheel hp :shrug:

Fair enough did you get a graph showing boost and afr? there will be loads more in it for sure mate down to the autobox problem on the dyno as if that is flywheel at 1.8 bar your wheel hp will be 432hp which is low for your setup

Fair enough did you get a graph showing boost and afr? there will be loads more in it for sure mate down to the autobox problem on the dyno as if that is flywheel at 1.8 bar your wheel hp will be 432hp which is low for your setup

Oh it could be at the hubs then, i'll have to ask him.

No I didnt get any of that

That's a fast spooling setup. Great torque graph.

It does feel very aggresive to drive but the numbers are just not showing.

Also I just took the car out and overdrive and manual mode is working correctly after reading what the actuall functions of these are :conf: Im really baffled on the whole situation and dont know what to do :shrug:

Edited by Kaan W (see edit history)

*Cough* Buy a manual box... *Cough*

:D

Sorry it didn't work out for you matey. Hope it resolves. You know how it is with these things - you can guarantee it'll turn out to be something simple and be an easy fix. I think these little niggles are to be expected when carrying the level of modifications you are. :) Same reason my car was on the rollers just before yours! :p

*Cough* Buy a manual box... *Cough*

:D

Sorry it didn't work out for you matey. Hope it resolves. You know how it is with these things - you can guarantee it'll turn out to be something simple and be an easy fix. I think these little niggles are to be expected when carrying the level of modifications you are. :) Same reason my car was on the rollers just before yours! :p

Been thinking about going manual after all this mate lol. It probably is something simple but it just seems there is always something, I definately need to consider a rebuild at some point.

How did yours get on anyway?

Having a look at the 1.6 graph shows a prefect street setup.

The 1.8 curve is a little bit strange... If it punches slightly more on high boost, it's as it should be.

Enjoy it ;)

It is strange I just cant get my head around it. Its hard to tell if theres a difference but it definately dont feel slower, its something I will have to wait until the summer when the roads are hot.

Im running 558bhp on my single and i cant say mine launches as hard as yours does mate! when you floor it, it seems to knock down and then it launches so quick... i was well impressed. I wouldnt worry mate, would have been nice to get that "print out" but who cares, if anyone challenges you, then race them and show them up!!!

Not much will beat this on the street and a single 6 speed will struggle to launch off like this! proper weapon

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

Im running 558bhp on my single and i cant say mine launches as hard as yours does mate! when you floor it, it seems to knock down and then it launches so quick... i was well impressed. I wouldnt worry mate, would have been nice to get that "print out" but who cares, if anyone challenges you, then race them and show them up!!!

Not much will beat this on the street and a single 6 speed will struggle to launch off like this! proper weapon

I cant really say much because its the only supra ive ever been lol. It does drive real nice but I have to say when it was dyno'd at that figure it makes you wonder what all these 1000+ lads experience on the street :D Im sure you know your stuff mate so I trust you that it must be quick, but as you said a nice printout would have just finished the day nicely. I think I might just attend some rwyb days to get a better knowledge of the setup and see if its doing what its suppose to :)

To be confirmed :D

Ha I doubt it mate yours will be stupidly fast :D

Definitely get WHP reading mate, flywheel is a totally pointless guesstimate. Get the RWHP and quote that as your figure, none of this adding between 10-25% cack.

I guess i'll have too, wheres the closest hub dyno to Kent do you know mate?

If there is a lockup issue then that can start in the electronics, the auto boxes are all the same for JDM or USDM. The transmission although beefed up should not loose any power, if anything it will gain power. Its a stronger unit and will put the power to the ground vs slipping like the stock unit will.