The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who has (or is doing) an NA-T on the forum?

d-_-b

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Dynodaze in Hinkley work weekends, and are pretty central being in the Midlands. We had a midland meet there this time last year for a Japanese Performance Supra feature. To be fair to the lads the day went well, they were very helpful and knowledgeable, it was well organised and they laid food on. If it suits everyone, and we get enough people interested, we could have a Supra day again one Sunday. I am happy to organise this if there are enough takers wanting to put there cars on the rollers. Check out http://www.dynodaze.com for info.

Dynodaze in Hinkley work weekends, and are pretty central being in the Midlands. We had a midland meet there this time last year for a Japanese Performance Supra feature. To be fair to the lads the day went well, they were very helpful and knowledgeable, it was well organised and they laid food on. If it suits everyone, and we get enough people interested, we could have a Supra day again one Sunday. I am happy to organise this if there are enough takers wanting to put there cars on the rollers. Check out http://www.dynodaze.com for info.

That was a good day :thumbs: Even though im not part of the NA-T crew. I'd like to go there again for a dyno day :)

Noz you know im running emange, i pretty much have your current map. Ripping my fuel system apart tomorrow....again same issue, fuel pressure being variable and throwing off my afrs, have to adjust the fuel pressure before every drive....not cool.

Suspects are -

leaky fuel pipe - unlikely as i cant see anything leaking/puddling

FPR is broken - i know the aeromotives can leak/break inside so going to have a look

Fuel pump non return valve u/s - have spare pump to trial

Sticky injector - suspect as the fuel pressure drops very quickly off even if i crimp the return line but then holds at 20 psi so could be a mixture of all the above (engine stopped obvioulsy)

Noz you know im running emange, i pretty much have your current map. Ripping my fuel system apart tomorrow....again same issue, fuel pressure being variable and throwing off my afrs, have to adjust the fuel pressure before every drive....not cool.

Suspects are -

leaky fuel pipe - unlikely as i cant see anything leaking/puddling

FPR is broken - i know the aeromotives can leak/break inside so going to have a look

Fuel pump non return valve u/s - have spare pump to trial

Sticky injector - suspect as the fuel pressure drops very quickly off even if i crimp the return line but then holds at 20 psi so could be a mixture of all the above (engine stopped obvioulsy)

I can't be of much help apart from to say that I'm still using the stock fuel pressure regulator and it's absolutely fine. Maybe revert back to the stock one if you suspect the aeromotive item to be faulty.

i changed to the aeromotive as the stock one was buggered. Theres is a huge improvement with the aeromotive its just quite annoying having to carry around a wrench to set base fuel pressure every time. Ile work it out :) just not having much look. new workshop will solve that though!!

I have spoken with Rich at Dynodaze, and they are happy to have a Supra day early next year. The two provisional dates I am looking at are Sunday 19th january, or Sunday 2nd Feburary 2014. It is £30 for a power run with a printout, and an extra £10 for AFR or Boost. So the maximum cost would be £50 if you wanted a run with both AFR and Boost included. They can open from 10am until 4pm, or when the last car has been done, and can get catering for the day, so we can buy hot tea/coffee and bacon butties etc for a very reasonable price. The day is open to all Supra owners, but it would be good to see a good NA-T turnout ;) I will post this in the Midlands Meets section, if your interested, get your name down and a preferred date with an indication if you want a run on the Dyno.

Edited by Supra_Scott (see edit history)