The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Who has (or is doing) an NA-T on the forum?

d-_-b

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Okay :/ what would be the best gearbox to go for? For 550 -600 bhp

Please please dont say the getrag lol too much money :/

I have an r154 5 speed box for sale that would be suitable for your build. Unlike the getrag it won't cost a fortune and if it ever fails you can pick up a replacement for cheap.

hi guys I'm about to start and build my na/t. was just wondering if cx racing or xs power turbo kits are any good ? or if any ones selling a kit?

I'm looking for a gt45 really :D

i know it sounds daft I'm going for around 400-430 bhp for now and i know there laggy lol.

but i like lag, I'm strange i know lol.

any help would be great as I've only had my supra a month and new to the forum

- - - Updated - - -

500 for the shell mate

Due to unfortunately not been able to go NA - TT anymore, I'm considering NA-T.

Got a few questions.

1) My NA is a 1999 vvti Auto will the vvti cause any problems??

2) How much power & torque can the Auto box take?

3) How useable is a say a Auto 400bhp NA-T as a daily?

4) Anyone using an NA - T on a sycecs and toucan display?

I wouldn't be doing the work myself as I am as mechanically minded as a monkey.

Seems to be quite a few people running NA-T now, do any of you regret it or wish you just went TT?

I have a lot of time and money and memories invested in my Supra and can't bring myself to sell up and just buy something readily done.

Thanks Karl

I use mine daily mate, only sack-ache is the clutch but as you're auto then no worries there. I've owned a NA, TT BPU and NA-T, I can comfortably say the NA-T has been my favourite :)

That's the sort of feedback I like, will have to read this thread from the beginning. Love the attention to detail on your car btw Rich .

That's the sort of feedback I like, will have to read this thread from the beginning. Love the attention to detail on your car btw Rich .

Cheers for the feedback mate. Today I have actually pulled it off the road for some optional winter upgrades. Like I say though, up until today it's been used daily commuting to work and back - great fun :D

Wow, either weld the 90 on or wrap your manifold. Taking mine apart in the very near future so ile check to see if it's done the same.

If it's overboosting, it's building enough pressure. You did try with the boost controller off and just connecting turbo to single waste gate port?

Welcome scott to the club!!

Wow, either weld the 90 on or wrap your manifold. Taking mine apart in the very near future so ile check to see if it's done the same.

If it's overboosting, it's building enough pressure. You did try with the boost controller off and just connecting turbo to single waste gate port?

Welcome scott to the club!!

That's with the manifold wrapped lol

Yeah nick Iv eliminated the boost controller and have the hose ran from the turbo to the wg but still saw 13psi with a 4.5 spring installed I thought this hose would be what opens the wg valve am I way off :blush:

Your using the side port on the wg ? What have you done with the other two ports, from memory there on the top. Where is your boost gauge tapped into and is anything else using the same vac line? Not to open a can of worms but is the boost gauge reading the correct manifold pressure?! You might not be over boosting at all, but let's assume you are. What are your afrs at 13 psi?

Just spit balling ideas