The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about maybe selling The Do-Luck......!

Jamesy

Well, teenagers like yourself shouldn't own cars they can't afford to maintain. And should go and finish University.

I would respectfully ask you pop along to another thread mate if you dont mind, cheers :)

- - - Updated - - -

Good luck with the sale if you decide to sell.

You sure you aren't looking to trade it in for a GTR........ :)

Not just yet mate, maybe in a couple of years :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You say that but its a lot more than that to me... :)

I meant in the grand scheme of things. I get that it's a dream car and it'll give you a massive smile every time you drive it. But if you need the money for your business and/or kids that's a very justified reason to sell. If you could get by without selling it then you shouldn't, like you said, you probably won't get the chance to own it again. And if you sell it, the next owner might break it.

i know how you feel about having lots of money tied up in you car. i felt the same last year. so i sold my beutifull limited edition xkr:( sold me 2 na supras :( and broke my ttack car :(.... but now i have a much healthyer lookig account and i baught a cheap supra to tinker with (see project blackday) and now i have a 500 bhp joy machine that cost me pennies and im glad i did it all. evan though i do miss that awsome jag

Tough one Jamesy.

To others it may only be a car. But also to others, it be the only the way of financing businesses, or other more important matters.

And if keeping the car meant 'It's only a bankruptcy' Well, that doesn't sound so appealing after all.

Anyway, sleep on it.

Then keep the car :D

Jamesy, speak to me or pm before you let it go.

I have my heart set on a 997 Turbo but I would like to find out more about this car or see it before I spend my (and Mrs H's) hard earned.

H.

ive been dabbling with a few porkers latley. have to say they havent l left me feeling the need for one. can really put my finger on why but didnt push my buttons

No way

why is everyone over 600bhp breaking or selling there car

glad to see that you dont have the heart to kill this supra and good on you as this is the original do-luck it will just make you money but you wont get a return anytime soon,

keep it and stop talking crazy fool :D

Your car jamesy is like excalibur, you have been trusted with its safe keeping so to melt it down and sell it in blocks would be sacrilege. It's a one of a kind car and should still be knocking around when I have to wear nappies again, I agree that if needs must then selling the car is viable escpecially if it is financially motivated. Sometimes giving your family a better life is more important than getting your kicks, you will find another car that gives the same feeling maybe not in the same way but equally as exciting. This needs to be a head decision not a heart one.

I would respectfully ask you pop along to another thread mate if you dont mind, cheers :)

:)

Jamesy, wasn't talking to you. Was talking to the pinhead that started calling me names for saying it is sad all the best cars here are now being broken or sold.

Jamesy, wasn't talking to you. Was talking to the pinhead that started calling me names for saying it is sad all the best cars here are now being broken or sold.

actually fella you said the members breaking cars couldnt afford to keep them an assumption based on no fact....the same way you assume im a teenager when in fact im 28 years old and have four cars of which my supra is the favourite hence im on here... anyway off to west sussex where they can afford to keep them ... idiot

Best thing I did for my family was break mine, you know yourself how much you make out of breaking these car with the spec's we had.

I have a bank balance thats healthy and free cash to do what ever they want to do.

30k not bad, nearly doubling your money on it.

There will be absolutely no need to break this car as it will sell within the first week after its listed up for sale.

A car like this with so much history should not be broken imo but if needs must and no one is coming up with the asking price then put your life and family first and get breaking. But before i would even consider breaking this car i would want a buyer lined up with money in hand to buy each and every single part.

I was the same when i had my GTR, loved the car and loved driving it the odd time i did drive it lol but at the end of the day it was a lot of money for me personally to have tied up in a car that spent most of its time sitting in my garage. I was gutted when i did sell it, i pretty much got all my money back on the car and now i have the bn sports supra which is almost finished and a healthy bank balance :) Im happy with my outcome and i imagine you will be the same when you decide on what to do. As i saw the pm from you the other day i had a feeling that this was on the cards.

At the end of the day James you did own one of the most notrious supra's out there, free up your cash, enjoy your life with the family and your business adventures. Buy another cheap supra and start there again and dont leave the club haha