The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about maybe selling The Do-Luck......!

Jamesy

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The TVR will be in the garage more than on the road and will cost you a fortune. My cousin used to work at TVR when it was at Blackpool.

Yeah Dude told me the same story about Austec, the cerbera has always been my favourite bu seems they are worst for reliability. Really like the 350 and sagaris but theyre big buckaroos!!

TVR is a lovely choice, I have driven several, brilliant fun, scary even, about as reliable as an afghan Police Officer.

I have a hankering for a 966 c4s, a mate has a lovely one, nice noise, nice interior, he has the wide rear and spoiler, it looks lovely.

Very nice. Isnt that the non turbo 4 wheel drive? Rather rwd myself!!

I wouldnt go anywhere mate, made some decent mates on this forum over the years....plus SRD GTR-RD is only going to get bigger and better over the years and we'll have plenty to talk about :D

;)

breaking will get the best $ as it always does. If it will get you the most $ if a buyer isnt found so what that its "the Do-Luck" car. Class it as a business transaction. JP's was probably more well known to be fair but it lives on in many other Supra's, served its purpose at the time and he's moved on to bigger better things :)

If it will get you the most $ if a buyer isnt found so what that its "the Do-Luck" car. Class it as a business transaction. JP's was probably more well known to be fair but it lives on in many other Supra's, )

Hi mate as i mentioned before, In my opinion owning this car comes with a certain responsibility. I know the car will make more money in parts, but its simply not an option. Id rather keep and enjoy it. As far as being a well known supra.... Theres not that many supras in the world with as much kudos in my opinion, but then i would say that :D

Hi mate as i mentioned before, In my opinion owning this car comes with a certain responsibility. I know the car will make more money in parts, but its simply not an option. Id rather keep and enjoy it. As far as being a well known supra.... Theres not that many supras in the world with as much kudos in my opinion, but then i would say that :D

True :) - I couldnt break it. Im sure you will make the right choice in the end!

Did you not see your ammended quote? :D

Can never believe these "shall I sell it" threads. God, it's hardly a life changing decision to make, it's a lump of metal. I could decide in moments with recourse to no other person. As to break or sell complete, only one factor, which returns the most money? If pushing it over the white cliffs of Dover is the most economic solution, I'd get pushing ;)

Big spend Supras have suddenly become passee burdens from what I am reading, there'll just be racks of shiny bits and butchered bare shells soon, all over the country :)

Good luck with coming to a decision, you could always toss a coin ;)

Yes there's always that mate :)

As i say i am waiting to hear from a couple of fairly interested people and will just see what develops from there....if it does go i would love it to stay in the club and/or an enthusiast, and not go to someone who will buy it, not reall ylook after it and then break it to make a profit eventually.

Can never believe these "shall I sell it" threads. God, it's hardly a life changing decision to make, it's a lump of metal. I could decide in moments with recourse to no other person. As to break or sell complete, only one factor, which returns the most money? If pushing it over the white cliffs of Dover is the most economic solution, I'd get pushing ;)

Big spend Supras have suddenly become passee burdens from what I am reading, there'll just be racks of shiny bits and butchered bare shells soon, all over the country :)

Couldn't agree more, Chris.

That thinking has destroyed many parts of our heritage, that various generations will never now enjoy.

This is an important car, one of very few 'flagship' Supras tuned by the best names in the Japanese tuning industry. Not only is it a fantastic representation of the kind of tuned cars that Japan has produced, it's also bound to be worth a fortune one day.

If you're serious about selling Jamesy, give Jurgen a shout to see if he can sell it in Japan. I'm sure there'll be a wealthy collector somewhere who would give it pride of place in a collection.

If you're serious about selling Jamesy, give Jurgen a shout to see if he can sell it in Japan. I'm sure there'll be a wealthy collector somewhere who would give it pride of place in a collection.

Yes i am quite sure that if i am to list t for sale that a nice new owner would surface quite quickly, either from the UK or abroad as you say.

I am going to wait on these 2 people i have spoken to to see how the land lies and take it from there for now... :)