The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thinking about maybe selling The Do-Luck......!

Jamesy

I actually have a folder full of pics of this car... amazing car which sets the standard for Supras out there (imo). My 2 cents? If you need a quick cash injection and can get good money for it then I would sell it. Use the extra funds to reinvest in your business and once that grows you will have plenty more cash for other nice cars... who knows you might even buy this car back :)

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you don't sell mate, it would be a shame to loose another good bloke on here.

The club has lost some old school good characters lately.

On another note mate, if you sell yours, mine will be even rarer in West Sussex!

I wouldnt go anywhere mate, made some decent mates on this forum over the years....plus SRD is only going to get bigger and better over the years and we'll have plenty to talk about :D

If you can get 30k for it then sell it! Buy yourself another decent and sorted one for 15k and Bob may well be your uncle!!

In the end of the day a car is what you make it! History Shmistory! Its all about having a laaaarf!!!!

I wouldn't sell it for less, so if it didn't sel i'd keep it - if it did sell, at least i would feel i got fair money for a one-off machine. Problem is after owning this it'd be hard to own another supra right away as i dont want to be constantly comparing them!!!

I actually have a folder full of pics of this car... amazing car which sets the standard for Supras out there (imo). My 2 cents? If you need a quick cash injection and can get good money for it then I would sell it. Use the extra funds to reinvest in your business and once that grows you will have plenty more cash for other nice cars... who knows you might even buy this car back :)

Would love to see some more pics if you have them to hand mate :)

I blame the crap summer for this , hardly any good time for Supra-hooning . Anyway i see those common GTR's everyday , a Do-Luck Supra is a car i dream of seeing .

Thanks mate, good point!! :D

Although my car is nothing like yours I do go through phases of wanting to sell but I do have the LOVE again

I think it would be a shame to sell the Do-Luck because you have not had a decent chance to enjoy the thing really due to the crap weather etc...

Though of course family comes first

I do look at my car as a little investment ..... If needs be I can sell anytime

I personally think before you sell it... Enjoy it first

I reckon the Do-luck Supra is exactly right in most ways and you have a great desire to keep her that way, this is all fine and dandy but I reckon it might get a little annoying (IMO) if you cannot alter things on your own car without ruining its heritage etc. upgrading our cars and making changes large/small is what makes owning our car so fun.

Saying all of the above is fine, but concentrating on other life choices and family ultimately must be the right thing to do. Good luck with whatever you do mate, put a twenty aside if you do sell the Sup and get a Hair ye hippy :D

I reckon the Do-luck Supra is exactly right in most ways and you have a great desire to keep her that way, this is all fine and dandy but I reckon it might get a little annoying (IMO) if you cannot alter things on your own car without ruining its heritage etc. upgrading our cars and making changes large/small is what makes owning our car so fun.

Saying all of the above is fine, but concentrating on other life choices and family ultimately must be the right thing to do. Good luck with whatever you do mate, put a twenty aside if you do sell the Sup and get a Hair ye hippy :D

Dont get the last sentence?!!

But that was a major appeal to me, the fact i didn't have to change loads of things on the car as for me it is the perfect supra. I've spent a few grand on the interior to bring it up to the standard i wanted but its great to have a completed car after doing so much to my old one! :)

I was only messing about your hair buddy, I saw your pic from the SRD pics with the cheesy grin and the bushy hair :D.

Can I ask you if you have any intentions of joining Team-Mutiny (GTR Converts)

lol got ya!!

No mate no plans for a GT-R just yet - i would like one but not until i can buy one, and have £10k to modify it :)

If i sell this i will upgrade my wifes car for the kids, and get a better daily driver for myself - its all well and good having the Do-Luck in the garage, but i drive a £1,200 astra coupe 356 days of the year - not cool :D

lol got ya!!

No mate no plans for a GT-R just yet - i would like one but not until i can buy one, and have £10k to modify it :)

If i sell this i will upgrade my wifes car for the kids, and get a better daily driver for myself - its all well and good having the Do-Luck in the garage, but i drive a £1,200 astra coupe 356 days of the year - not cool :D

lol

I know what you mean, I cruise around in a 307 HDI Sport 99.9 of the time

Crazy

I guess sometimes having a crappy week day car makes for an even more exciting drive when you get a chance at weekends, you clearly love the Do-luck Sup and in your eyes it is the Ultimate Supra, but you really do come across as wanting to upgrade your everyday life (wife included) and doing that will be more satisfying than having your dream car in your possession. It's a tough call but atleast you have a well documented memory of reaching your target car (epic trip to collect her/him), and let's be honest most of us don't manage to buy out dream cars, but from a distance (where I am standing) it looks like you are one of the lucky few that have been there and done that.

You have a nice family dynamic going on and I can see they mean a lot to you, so my honest opinion would be to let her go for the right price, and if she does not sell then it was not meant to be, and you can take it as a sign that you were supposed to keep her.

I guess sometimes having a crappy week day car makes for an even more exciting drive when you get a chance at weekends, you clearly love the Do-luck Sup and in your eyes it is the Ultimate Supra, but you really do come across as wanting to upgrade your everyday life (wife included) and doing that will be more satisfying than having your dream car in your possession. It's a tough call but atleast you have a well documented memory of reaching your target car (epic trip to collect her/him), and let's be honest most of us don't manage to buy out dream cars, but from a distance (where I am standing) it looks like you are one of the lucky few that have been there and done that.

You have a nice family dynamic going on and I can see they mean a lot to you, so my honest opinion would be to let her go for the right price, and if she does not sell then it was not meant to be, and you can take it as a sign that you were supposed to keep her.

You speak a lot of sense mate :hi:

You can always make more money, but if this your dream car, and you sell it.. You will not get it back.

That maybe so, but the thought of getting my wife a nice 4x4 for the kids and me a cheaper sports car and better daily runner is also very tempting...