The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Nugget Yellow Supra

Supra-duper

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally got the car home from the bodyshop at around 2.30pm yesterday, so in true fashion decided to start building a few bits back up straight away.

On the way home, looking precarious!:

As new boot rubbers:

Taligate struts installed (don't worry the insides being painted black asap):

Sill plates:

Refurbed scuttle panel:

Tinted side repeaters:

Color coded plastics:

Rear bumper on as it was getting dark:

As soon as the rain eventually stops I'll be carrying on with fitting the facelift rear lights, rear high level brakelight, loom in the tailgate for the heated screen etc. :) then comes the fun stuff, coilovers and wheels!

Looking mint so far dude crack on with the updates :thumbs:

Will do chap! the phone is telling me it's not going to be raining tomorrow, so hope to build the majority, if not all of it back together. Only exception is the mirrors and front bumper as they've got to be painted again to get them spot on :)

Here's a tip I learnt the long way when I painted mine, don't fit the door cards before the mirrors lol true story

Haha luckily I haven't done that one yet! Although did manage to lock myself in the car yesterday, pulled the door closed, got my mate to lock it from outside with the keyfob and it wouldn't unlock, regardless of using the interior handle, outside, pressing fob again or turning the key in the lock. I ended up climbing out the tailgate.

On a side note, any idea why that would happen? after dismantling it all and putting it back together a second time, it seems to work fine. I can only assume it needed freeing off or something as it's been stood four weeks :search:

First task of yesterday was presented to us when Josh (Josh42 on here) removed my auxillary belt.. voila:

Short of selling this on as two seperate "lightweight go faster belts", it was time for a new one:

Then we got the inside of the doors (minus doorcards as wing mirrors need repainting), under bonnet and refurbed wiper arms with new aero blades all sorted:

Decided to drop the dyed carpet in to make it feel a bit more car like:

Also stuck some interior bits in including this flare I found hidden behind the kick panel:

Dropped a cheeky refurbed headlight in to keep the rain out until the bumpers fitted:

Does anyone know what this sticker is on the windscreen out of interest????

Started removing struts ready for coilovers and treating the arches as well, callipers are still to be painted:

The grand finale being a cheeky test fit of a front wheel before rolled arches and coilovers :eyebrows::

Cheers for the comments, I'm enjoying the whole build to be honest, it's been nice to work on a car that can be taken apart with a basic socket set and phillips screwdriver for a start and love doing the bits like headlight refurb and dying the carpet as they make a big difference for minimal cost :)