The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Nugget Yellow Supra

Supra-duper

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking good :). I have a similar sticker in my window (different dates highlighted) I always assumed it was a Japanese Tax disc :search:

Thanks! I'm kind of torn between it being a Japanese tax disc or the date it was due for import as both would make sense. I think the tax disc idea makes the most sense and I'm definitely keeping it, adds character :D if I find out for sure I'll let you know mate

Looking great mate, will look out for this round town. Didn't know you had sold the white one, wondered why id not seen it up and down the orbital lol.

Yeah mate white one went a few months ago, it's now in Milton Keynes awaiting a new engine with big single conversion. Some 'tuning' company bought it to drop there engine into it and track it. Never heard off the bloke since though so not sure what happened with it :(

You should get yourself along to the mini-meet at the Ruby the end of this month, if you need a lift there then you are welcome to jump in with me seen as your so local.

Cheers for the offer, Where's the Ruby, and what date is that? Realy want to start getting back out and doing some local meets, just need to get my finger out and get my car finished.

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?270348-The-Ruby-Lichfield-Meet

You should definitely start getting your car out! I've never seen it and you live five minutes away

Last few days has been persisting it down so stopped a lot of progress such as painting the insides, but I have managed to finish up cleaning all the arches, fitting the coilovers and a cheeky test fit of the rear wheels. The coilovers are BC Racing supplied by Whiftbitz, and I would recommend dealing with them to anyone - excellent service and excellent coilovers.

Rears fitted and greased all the threads:

Fronts fitted and greased:

Couple of pics of the rear lowered down:

This shows the arch clearance with a 9.5J ET30 rear wheel fitted with a 255/35/18 Falken FK452:

Needless to say the arches are booked in to be rolled next Tuesday, all four are being done, I just hope the paint doesn't get damaged as I really should of had it done before it was painted :taped:

Tomorrow should see it on all four wheels with a few pictures :)

Fingers crossed the paint holds up mate. If its not too extreme of a roll then it should be fine but don't take my word on it lol.

Looks sweet mate, love them wheels too :)

Cheers mate, it's nothing extreme just to give an extra 4-5mm of clearance so I'm not scared to take passengers or go round a corner enthusiastically lol. With the paint being so recent it will still be soft to an extent so shouldn't crack, but we shall see. They have talked about cutting the arch lip out instead which is a possibility but we will see come Tuesday :)

If the weather stays dry tomorrow she will be getting the interior painted, front finished off with active spoiler lip etc. and then cleaned up for some semi-finished pictures!

Off on holiday later tonight/early hours of tomorrow morning so been rushed for time but I've managed to get the car on the road. It's far from finished, active front lip still to fit etc. but it's getting there :)

Dyed carpets, dyed headlining, seats etc. all re-fitted:

Rear all stripped out and painted black:

Motoria cat-back exhaust system polished up:

Rear arches cut, undersealed and rear wheels spaced 10mm:

Finally just a couple of random pictures:

Pretty happy with how it's coming along, I've done a few other bits I haven't wrote down such as removing rear window tints, new number plates and so on. There's still loads left to do yet, it will be going a little bit lower yet and then it's time to start on the interior and engine. Hopefully make it's debut at Suprapod :)

Just found this thread! Fantastic work buddy! I hated the yellow in the bodyshop pics but I must admit I've totaly changed my mind!! Will this be at suprapod or japfest at donnington? Would love to see it in the flesh

Thanks mate! It looks a different car now it's all built up, I love it :) I'll be attending Suprapod so hopefully you'll see it there. As soon as Suprapod is out the way and I've done some leisurely runs up the 1/4 mile I'll start hunting down power to go with the looks!