The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Dragonball 2012 Rotterdam - after event chat thread

Branners

Just a quick question for all the dragonballers (who I am EXTREMELY jealous of by the way) How much did it cost total in the end do you reckon? Including petrol and the like? Need to start preparing so we can come next year :)

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just a quick question for all the dragonballers (who I am EXTREMELY jealous of by the way) How much did it cost total in the end do you reckon? Including petrol and the like? Need to start preparing so we can come next year :)

I used 4 tanks of fuel in total which was the single biggest cost, in total I guess I spent about £800 for 2 of us.

Great to meet you Mario!! You sir have a stunning Supra :cool:

Cheers Abz, was nice meeting you and your girlfriend too, your shell actually looked also impressive, been browsing through Stonkin's step by step detailing activities he performed on your car, and seen yours in the flesh I must say that yours was also in very good condition, as were many others too:).

Also liked the genuine UK-spec supras, never seen those before in real life.

Also being the camera car for a day meant I did get to listen and look at all you guys flying and they all sounded great!... Lui's yours was mental and sounded more like a jet fighter :D

Bring on dragon13all :eyebrows:

^^Yes, agree with that, Lui's supra makes an real agressive sound, also liked the sound of TRD Rob's supra, and the white wide body ridox supra, and many others too:).

I used 4 tanks of fuel in total which was the single biggest cost, in total I guess I spent about £800 for 2 of us.

We spent about £900 but we were coming from Wigan so you can include about £130 worth of fuel on top of most. Car did really well on the way home and only used 2/3 of a tank to do 270 miles from filing up in Ashford.

Big thanks to all those who were involved in the organisation of this. Ellis, Branners, Abz and Scott C were particularly active before we left.

We had a wonderful trip and met some old friends, made some new ones and still did not get through the whole group. The scenery was stunning, particularly on the Saturday. All 37 cars made it home with only a couple of small problems mechanically. Not bad for cars that are between 14 and 19 years old. My only gripe would be that we struggled to keep the group together through the towns and villages and sometimes the cars at the front of the pack didn't wait for those behind. It is always difficult as were were on a schedule and you can't always pull over and get that number of cars together.

Either way, Vicki and I loved every minute of this trip and there is no way we are selling the car now. It's a great machine and the club brings some quality people to the table.

Thanks

H.

It was great meeting you guys and seeing so much MKIV's together. We tagged along to Harderwijk and when you all left for the castle we passed you all on the freeway(white Supra/bomex front/trial rear/black wheels) and headed home.

Somebody counted 40 MKIV's, is it a record for Europe-mainland?

It was great meeting you guys and seeing so much MKIV's together. We tagged along to Harderwijk and when you all left for the castle we passed you all on the freeway(white Supra/bomex front/trial rear/black wheels) and headed home.

Somebody counted 40 MKIV's, is it a record for Europe-mainland?

I thought it was nearer to 50 on the Saturday. Did anyone count up at any point?

Just recovered from saturday night/sunday morning, atleast now i can type without being under the influence of alcohol :D

What a brilliant trip, fantastic people and great fun. Thank you for Dean for letting me tag along for the weekend, and thank you to Ellis for putting together the pack of maps - they certainly come in handy on the first day :D

I've learnt a few things, always find out whos going prior to getting to the tunnel ;) NEVER let a bar tab run over three days :D and never get into a taxi with Burna and a prostitute :blink:

Heres to Dragonball13, I'm already thinking about a new car which will be suitable for the trip :eyebrows:

Thank you to all involved, especially Mr B!

Epic trip... To repeat what everyone has said already, the trip took ALOT of planning from certain people, and I am truely gratefull for their time & effort. The Saturday drive was lovely, definately the weather for it. Nice to catch up with some familiar members, and meet new ones.

My car maybe isn't the best spec to do these sort of things, I was well and truely fubbard when we got home last night after 12 hours of solid driving.

oh and one last thing.....

I HATE FRENCH PETROL STATIONS!!!!

Just recovered from saturday night/sunday morning, atleast now i can type without being under the influence of alcohol :D

What a brilliant trip, fantastic people and great fun. Thank you for Dean for letting me tag along for the weekend, and thank you to Ellis for putting together the pack of maps - they certainly come in handy on the first day :D

I've learnt a few things, always find out whos going prior to getting to the tunnel ;) NEVER let a bar tab run over three days :D and never get into a taxi with Burna and a prostitute :blink:

Heres to Dragonball13, I'm already thinking about a new car which will be suitable for the trip :eyebrows:

Thank you to all involved, especially Mr B!

ahahaha what a guy :D

I woke up still in DB12 mode, made lots of noise, ran in too many high revs and angered lots of locals on the way to work. :D

Vicki was NOT amused.

I said maybe it's best she doesn't come next year either ;)

Thanks to all my old friends that made it such a great laugh and gave me a much needed reboot. For me this was a much needed break.

Just to prove to Burna I wasn't fibbing:

_49118825_jex_7036_de27-1.jpeg

Swallow, a Dexter cow from Cheshire, stands 33.5in (0.8m) tall from hind to foot - shorter than most sheep.

I woke up still in DB12 mode, made lots of noise, ran in too many high revs and angered lots of locals on the way to work. :D

Vicki was NOT amused.

I said maybe it's best she doesn't come next year either ;)

Thanks to all my old friends that made it such a great laugh and gave me a much needed reboot. For me this was a much needed break.

Just to prove to Burna I wasn't fibbing:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]152084[/ATTACH]

nice to meet you pete and follow you all the way to midlands lol

You too mate.

I was starting to get really weary towards the end. What was the mad woman in the red Audi S3 playing at?

Very bizarre. Woke me up a bit though. ;)

yeh very strange we seen you boot it after her then we saw her in first lane going like 60 mph

over took her and then she booted it again lol maybe she liked u

Well I'm way down the list now for thanking lots of people, but I'm still going to, and the ones involved have probably heard enough ( not really, you can never have too much thanks for a job well done).

Firstly to thank JB, thanks John, we're going to have to re-name you to the "Dragon Master" or The "king of the ballers" or some such, without you keeping a tight reign on everything the trips would not be as well put together and enjoyable.

Next come the "Princes of Balls", .......... (you know who you are), Ellis, Scott, Abz, you have (and still will do), put in a lot of time and effort and it is very much appreciated, I know it will take you a time to put together the vids Scott but I'm sure, like always, they will be worth the wait.

To everyone else who helped to make the trip go well and great fun, that includes all of you for the Tunnel blast, what a good buzz that was, we will probably all get speeding fines through the post soon, but it would be worth it.

Roll on the next trip.

Sorry to hear you had problems at the end Ellis, but you really didn't have to say you were sorted out by an NA er.

Got to learn to drive the Supra again, just nipped out to post a parcel, you would have thought I was qualifying for Time attack !!

I have to say a massive well done to you and Dave for getting that car ready, if I hadnt have been following the build thread then I would never have guessed that it had just been built.

No knocks, noises, problems - nothing! Also, the BOV noise :love:

I have to say a massive well done to you and Dave for getting that car ready, if I hadnt have been following the build thread then I would never have guessed that it had just been built.

No knocks, noises, problems - nothing! Also, the BOV noise :love:

It did look stunning. Mean as hell in the rear view with the headlights and shiny fmic.

I'm still in bed, and yes, it's my own :p I'll post more when I remember exactly wtf happened the weekend :D

Thank you all so much for an amazing weekend! Just about to open my Dragonball welcome pack and see what's in it :D

I'm still in bed, and yes, it's my own :p I'll post more when I remember exactly wtf happened the weekend :D

Thank you all so much for an amazing weekend! Just about to open my Dragonball welcome pack and see what's in it :D

How was your friend ? :D Oh and I am not talking about Pete :p

Had a lot of fun and had a great time, can't wait for next year :thumbs:

On the way back jon and ben caught us up with his correct plates showing ;) he must have been really shifting.

Edited by Tyson (see edit history)

On the way back jon and ben caught us up with his correct plates showing ;) he must have been really shifting.

Yeah when he caught up with us I was trying to figure out who it was in my mirror as I didn't recognise them with normal plates on :D