The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Original "DO-LUCK" SUPRA thread...!!

Jamesy

• Replies 840
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Looks good, how strong can that hold and not move if there were to be very strong winds without damaging the car? I was going to buy this but the thought of it coming lose from the ground put me off.

I went for the extra heavy nylon material - it SO heavy when dry let along when its wet... it would take a typhoon to really get under it. Plus its got 8 bolts holding it to the tarmac so to be honest id be suprised if it goes anywhere! The material hardly flaps at all and ive got a foot either side of the car space so no worries of it touching.

Looks good Jamesy, Do you have to be carefull not to hit the door on the frame ?

The door is quite close but easy to get out of. Ive got some plumbing pipe foam coming to put over the one bar so i can push the door against it without it scratching it :)

Had a look at a set of Bride Low Max seats today.... really like them, just not sure of too much red. However the car has a red flake in paint, the interior has black/red steering wheel, red gear knob, black/red mats so maybe it will go well? I would also get black harnesses to go with them. (Only thing im worried about is it clashing with the pinky/purple door handle - howver ive spoken to a retrimmed and they can make that red easily to match the rest if need be - might be a shame to lose that originality but be great for it all to match!)

Going back tomorrow for a teast fit :)

Just test fitted. They do look good and the car originally had red seats in Japan when it was built.

If i do go for them though i reckon i'll also have to change the small inner door handle part to red as the pinky/purple dont match that well in my opinion

Pics :).

Here's a couple from the test fit. I thought they would be too red but with all the stuff i mnetioned above i think they will work ...

Would have black harnesses also and im 99% sure id change the inner door handles from pinky to matching red :)

I think they look awesome, but then I would! I loved seeing your car today mate, it was the feeling my misses would have if she met take that.

Ha! Thanks mate was nice to catch up!

Get the seats re trimmed in Purple :cool:

Lol im done with retrims mate - spending this kinda money on any seats makes me want to buy tem for what they are really - that said i would consider buying new black middles for these where all the cushions go :)

Edited by Jamesy (see edit history)

Agree with you removing the pinky purple door handles. Always thought it didnt look right, keep up the good work in modifying this one off supra :)

I've never been a huge fan of the handles. Everyone that seen it since ive had it has commented they dont like that colour either.

However im very conscious to keep the car authentic so dont want to make wholesale changes - but if just changing the colour of a door handle is all that changes, and matches the whole interior, i dont think thats a bad move :)

I've never been a huge fan of the handles. Everyone that seen it since ive had it has commented they dont like that colour either.

However im very conscious to keep the car authentic so dont want to make wholesale changes - but if just changing the colour of a door handle is all that changes, and matches the whole interior, i dont think thats a bad move :)

:thumbs: