Glasgow Monthly Meet

Ross C

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Turned out to be a nicer day in the afternoon than was forecast!

Ross and I met a few people I know and headed 20 min to shawlands to watch pollok v hurelford in the top junior football division-

Hurelford won 5-2 in a 6 goal thriller, with pollok finnishing with 9 men, much to the rage of the home support (mostly 60-70 year old men) who proceeded to hurl hilarious abuse at the ref and his linesmen for the majority of the game. And they could hear it! Lol. Can't repeat half as people have been banned on here for less!

Can I be the first to acknowledge that Ross C, is leaving for his year away in Canada on Wednesday and id like to thank him for all he has done organising meets etc and wish him all the best on his trip. Pump one or two for me Ross! ;)

(Girls)

Leaves the question who will step up amoungst us to organise the xcape meets??...

£5 to get in, or £2.50 if you are over 60, 6 goals.... 1 penalty ;) and old men 4 ft away from the linesman psychologically pummelling him in turns with comments like "is that what you aspire to?" Referring to the refs performance, amoung less subtle shouts :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

Looking to hold a JUNE meet in the coming weeks at the usual venue. (Xscape car park opposite Weatherspoons).

Options for dates are fluid just now and the suggestions are:

Sunday 8th

Sunday 15th

Sunday 22nd

Sunday 29th

I know a lot of you will have summer holidays, pending baby arrivals, etc, but there are a lot of new members recently and it would be good to put faces to usernames and vice versa.

Please indicate which date suits best, and we can go with the majority vote.

Also if there is anything in particular anyone wants to do, go for a drive, visit somewhere etc, suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

Gordy

Edited by gordy.r (see edit history)

Hello all,

Looking to hold a JUNE meet in the coming weeks at the usual venue. (Xscape car park opposite Weatherspoons).

Options for dates are fluid just now and the suggestions are:

Sunday 8th

Sunday 15th

Sunday 22nd

Sunday 29th

I know a lot of you will have summer holidays, pending baby arrivals, etc, but there are a lot of new members recently and it would be good to put faces to usernames and vice versa.

Please indicate which date suits best, and we can go with the majority vote.

Also if there is anything in particular anyone wants to do, go for a drive, visit somewhere etc, suggestions are welcome.

Cheers

Gordy

Good to see someone taking the initiative Gordy. Best of luck with it