Glasgow Monthly Meet

Ross C

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there a pre-meet before this? I was going to pop along for the meet but I can't be bothered with crail.

That will totally depend on the start time for Crail.

If we are getting there for gates opening (which I believe is 0930) then there won't be a meet, but if we are just heading through around lunch or similar, we could have a mini meet prior to the departure of those heading through.

I'm currently phoning Crail Raceway to try and get more info on the gig as their website leaves most of the details up to the imagination lol

Ok, so I couldn't get through on the phone, but here is the reply to an email I sent:

Prices are

£10 per person for adults

£5 for kid 10 and over

Under 10's are free

To take part on the 1/4 mile and drift oval is £15 per driver for all day access. Gates open at 9:00am and the track action goes through to 4-4:30 pm. There is also a show n shine competition for those who just want to show their cars. Plenty of parking available on site.

Hope to see you there

Thanks for the enquiry

Now we just need to decide when to head through?

Is anyone partaking in a little 1/4 mile or drift oval action whilst we are there... :D

Ok guys, so there is to be no standard monthly meet this month (unless you want to get to Springfield Quay for 0800 on this Sunday morning to say hello before we all depart to Crail.... Didn't think so lol), so it will be July now for the next meet at Braehead XScape.

As per Westy's thread, those wanting to attend the Crail meet and run, it is 0800 at Springfield Quay this Sunday morning the 22nd of June.

Anyone not know how to get there drop me a PM.

We are meeting at 8am and aiming to be across in Crail for 10am.

Should be a really good day, and everyone is welcome whether you own a Supra or not!

See you all then! :)

Glasgow Monthly Meet July

Potential dates:

Sunday 5th

Sunday 12th

There is quite a bit on this month what with the Scottish Car Show on the 19th and a potential run through to Driftlands on the 5th if there is enough interest.

There is also the option of the end of the month, but I'm guessing most people will have had their share of Supras and meets after the SCS.

Thoughts?

Ok guys, seeing as interest has been massive.... :search:

I shall set the date for the Sunday the 12th of July, Braehead XScape opposite Weatherspoons for 1100.

Not going to plan anything huge as a lot of people will be prepping their cars for the SCS the following week.

Would be good to see all the new joiners in the last 2 months come along and say hello.

We can always grab a drink or a bite to eat in Spoons or go out for a drive, weather dependant.

Might start coming down to these more, we don't get any interest due to various reasons up here...

Won't be making the 12th though, car won't be back by then

Yeah I seen you guys had to cancel the Aberdeen one, that's a shame as you have quite a few up there.

Always welcome down here with us West Coasters :)

Oh yeah and 12th is a saturday not sunday

Oh yeah.... Oops, meant Sunday the 13th lol

- - - Updated - - -

Unless the 12th suits everyone better, but it's a Saturday and a lot of people work weekends...

I'm actually off that weekend. I should be free to pop round if I'm free. Anyone going to drift land this Sunday (in Cancun just now, arrive in Glasgow Sunday 8am, pick car up and heading there. Lol)

Cool, would be good to meet you mate and see the car!

I think there's a maybe one or two that are going to Driftlands, there's a thread on it somewhere.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday and hopefully see you next Sunday!

I'm actually off that weekend. I should be free to pop round if I'm free. Anyone going to drift land this Sunday (in Cancun just now, arrive in Glasgow Sunday 8am, pick car up and heading there. Lol)

SPG and myself are heading up, see you up there,

Yes perfect. Atleast i can stay for a hour.

I'll not be staying too long myself at this one either this month, and I think a few others have their cars under prep for the Scottish Car Show so they won't be going for a drive.

More of a catch up and meet and greet this month I think lol

Also, all the newbies from the Glasgow area that have joined in the last two months (there's been quite a few!) it would be great to meet all you guys too, so pop down and say hello!

Loads of info to be had and those that were after a quick passenger ride to help decide which Supe to buy may be able to wangle one in to the bargain.

See you all next Sunday!