The mkiv Supra Owners Club

eurggh just got my Insurance renewel! (new price added)

Supra N_A

I just done my renewal today, Sky quoted £1150 fully comp with everything declared, So i called adrian flux (who i used for my S14 and S14a) and got quoted £1000. Phoned back sky again and told them so they said they could beat it and quoted me £990 fully comp with everything declared and a like for like policy.

24 years old

7 years driving

4 years ncb (kept changing companies/cars half way through policies :D )

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you tried CCI fella, my quote from them was £530 except i'm 27. Same NCD, and less years driving.

I just done my renewal today, Sky quoted £1150 fully comp with everything declared, So i called adrian flux (who i used for my S14 and S14a) and got quoted £1000. Phoned back sky again and told them so they said they could beat it and quoted me £990 fully comp with everything declared and a like for like policy.

24 years old

7 years driving

4 years ncb (kept changing companies/cars half way through policies :D )

phoned sureterm direct this morning for my renewal quote after paying £400 through enterprise and found out today they no longer cover manchester post codes and wanted £2k renewal.. shocking, the worrying thing is the last 2 quotes iv had have been well over 3k?? somethings not right im 27 with 7yrs ncb with a sp30.. i hate this time of year!

I would never get a tracker fitted as that would just work against you in every bit of bad driving you do surely.

How do you work that out? the tracker is only activated when you tell them, and it only gives cooardinates to the police not speeds you have been doing etc.

How do you work that out? the tracker is only activated when you tell them, and it only gives cooardinates to the police not speeds you have been doing etc.

You need to read the other thread to get the context. Insurance companies were offering discounted quotes based on you installing a tracking system into your car. From there the insurance companies could monitor you 24/7 as the tracker is constantly activated.

He wasn't referring to a bog standard anti-theft tracker.... I'm guessing anyway.

You need to read the other thread to get the context. Insurance companies were offering discounted quotes based on you installing a tracking system into your car. From there the insurance companies could monitor you 24/7 as the tracker is constantly activated.

He wasn't referring to a bog standard anti-theft tracker.... I'm guessing anyway.

Ah right, get you now mate. I was just on about the standard anti-theft one i had in mine.

Ah right, get you now mate. I was just on about the standard anti-theft one i had in mine.

Yeah no worries with those ones.

I don't know of anyone who took up the scheme with the trackers, I would like to hear of anyone who did actually, I can't see it being a winner though. I'm wondering if it was maybe more of a way to put you off of insuring with them (as they plain didn't want you on their books) rather than trying to promote safe driving etc.

Yeah no worries with those ones.

I don't know of anyone who took up the scheme with the trackers, I would like to hear of anyone who did actually, I can't see it being a winner though. I'm wondering if it was maybe more of a way to put you off of insuring with them (as they plain didn't want you on their books) rather than trying to promote safe driving etc.

You could imagine the irony of Jamie P having one on his car :D

I've just renewed with Admiral, had a quote of £327 for the Supra TT but after shopping around got them down to £276 to renew on a protected policy. Thats with one at fault accident recorded as someone ran into the door of the car when it was stationary. It always amazes me how people never admit accidents are their fault even when they run into stationary objects. Without me having someone run into the car the premium may have been slightly lower.

1993 JSpec TT manual.

4 yrs no claims, 25 yrs old.

Performance direct quoted £900 (ish)

CCI doesnt work for me, as the car is often not at home over night due to visiting family, and dont really appreciate the "if its not at registered address between 2200 and 0600 you're not covered for theft" bit.

Waiting for Sky to get back to me.

Admiral is a no go for me. They f***ed me over on insurance for a celica a few years back so wont go near the again. (Told them I would be a week late on a payment, they said it would be fine. Went to pay them, to find out they had cancelled my policy without informing me)

Any others worth trying?

I've just renewed with Admiral, had a quote of £327 for the Supra TT but after shopping around got them down to £276 to renew on a protected policy. Thats with one at fault accident recorded as someone ran into the door of the car when it was stationary. It always amazes me how people never admit accidents are their fault even when they run into stationary objects. Without me having someone run into the car the premium may have been slightly lower.

Nice price :)

But these insurance threads are pretty pointless unless people tell us basic info like mods, age, area, ncb etc etc.

Or we could just play a guessing game, I'd say you are and older member possibly around 42 living in shropshire, you have owned your grey import TT6 for around 13 years so you would qualify for an experienced driver discount, you only cover around 4000miles a year so this would bring your premiums down. I would value your car around the 10k mark for insurance purposes. Although your job as a gigalo will increase your premium. Am I right? what do I win?

dont really appreciate the "if its not at registered address between 2200 and 0600 you're not covered for theft" bit.

I think I may have wrongly started this rumour, In the small print this exclusion doesn't apply, at least not to my policy with them.

That was pretty close.

51yr old

TT import

Owned since 1998 - 14 years

Mileage restriction 7,500 (though it does more like 4,000)

Shropshire

Mods, all declared as admiral are renowned for being picky - Dump valve, wide bore exhaust and BBS alloys.

Insured for £8k

I've had 6 cylinder group 17 to 20 cars since I was 19 and insurance has always been £250 to £350. Mind you, £250 when I was 19 would buy about 700 pints of beer or 1700 litres of petrol so that'd be over £2,000 today. I really should sell it on as it is only used once a week but I enjoy it too much.

Edited by rider (see edit history)

I got a quote from lynbrookins on a classic policy for £304 and one from Adrian flux for £450

I am 30 with 8 years no claims live in bury, Manchester

The only problem with the classic insurance is the times. Does anyone know if these can times can be altered eg till 12 instead of 10?

Edited by AL TT (see edit history)

I got a quote from lynbrookins on a classic policy for £304 and one from Adrian flux for £450

I am 30 with 8 years no claims live in bury, Manchester

The only problem with the classic insurance is the times. Does anyone know if these can times can be altered eg till 12 instead of 10?

I am with Lynbrook and there are no times stated in my policy documents?

I have been out at all hours in our car.

H.

I am with Lynbrook and there are no times stated in my policy documents?

I have been out at all hours in our car.

H.

I will have to give them a ring back 2moro, thought it was a bit strange that's why I had a read through this thread?!?