The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

Totally forgot to mention this, I saw Steve's car at The Austec Charity Dyno, looked stunning! But...

When the car went on the dyno & started the dyno run, I noticed it started snowing... just that it wasn't snowing, the vibrating was so much from the exhaust that the ceiling above my head (which had a crack in it) started cracking & bits of dust started falling down!

:D

At first I thought Dan or one of the others were doing a prank, but then no one was behind me! I am sure a couple of people near me saw it as I started doing a chicken dance getting the stuff out of my hair.

:p

Thats what you call 2JZ Power!!!!! ;)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you didnt pull hard enough, i managed to get the wheels off and hump them!

And there's me thinking I'd just forgotten to wipe off all the polish!

Totally forgot to mention this, I saw Steve's car at The Austec Charity Dyno, looked stunning! But...

When the car went on the dyno & started the dyno run, I noticed it started snowing... just that it wasn't snowing, the vibrating was so much from the exhaust that the ceiling above my head (which had a crack in it) started cracking & bits of dust started falling down!

:D

At first I thought Dan or one of the others were doing a prank, but then no one was behind me! I am sure a couple of people near me saw it as I started doing a chicken dance getting the stuff out of my hair.

:p

:rlol: If that's what i does to buildings, imagine what it's doing do my ears! :D

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Engine out tomorrow, it's all ready to go! :D

Good man. :)

so steve when are you gonna sell up...ill be waiting in the shadows :sly:

Lol, Seems to be the way all the built cars are going at the moment but I'm not selling up. Hardly driven it myself! :p

• 4 weeks later...

Update time!

Been really busy with work recently so not had time to update so this is where were at so far.

The K-sport rear brakes have been removed and J-spec fitted to give space behind the 17" rear wheels as I wanted to either remove or reduce the spacers.

Tried the wheel with no spacer but this didn't look right due to the arch flare.

attachment.php?attachmentid=154975&d=1342880063

So have gone for 10mm spacers with ARP wheel studs.

attachment.php?attachmentid=154976&d=1342880169

attachment.php?attachmentid=154977&d=1342880169

The engine has been removed and bay has been tidied up.

attachment.php?attachmentid=154986&d=1342880508

The engine was spit and the head sent away for a small amount of flow work and uprated springs. The block was cleaned and checked.

attachment.php?attachmentid=154978&d=1342880169

attachment.php?attachmentid=154981&d=1342880333

attachment.php?attachmentid=154980&d=1342880169

The engine is now going back together.

attachment.php?attachmentid=154983&d=1342880333

attachment.php?attachmentid=154984&d=1342880333

attachment.php?attachmentid=154985&d=1342880333

some of the parts removed from the car are for sale if your interested:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?272556-K-sport-rear-brake-kit-356mm-4-pot

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?273018-Abflug-aero-type-2-front-bumper-in-202-black

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?273020-Abflug-type-1-side-skirts

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?272614-Foam-gauge-pod

IMG_0925.jpg

IMG_0947.jpg

IMG_0948.jpg

IMG_0949.jpg

IMG_0958.jpg

IMG_0959.jpg

IMG_0963.jpg

IMG_0964.jpg

IMG_0965.jpg

IMG_0961.jpg

I can't believe i missed this Steve, no idea where i was looking on the forum, but missed it completely. Can't wait to see this beast up and running, although the build threads and lack of them, make this one more of a :drool: situation.

:thumbs:

Looks good mate. I had a quick nosey when i dropped mine off for breaking coming along nicely.

Cheers mate, You at Lee's tomorrow? I'm going in to lend a hand stripping your car, Bought a new hammer especially. :)

I can't believe i missed this Steve, no idea where i was looking on the forum, but missed it completely. Can't wait to see this beast up and running, although the build threads and lack of them, make this one more of a :drool: situation.

:thumbs:

Thanks mate, You got your hands on another one yet?

Cheers mate, You at Lee's tomorrow? I'm going in to lend a hand stripping your car, Bought a new hammer especially. :)

Thanks mate, You got your hands on another one yet?

Not yet matey. Although i do miss it. :D

Bring Burger King big man!

Thats 4 I will be buying then.

BK for breakfast, Lunch and dinner then. :D

Looking forward to seeing this when it's all done :)

Steve, the lip should be here Thursday so keep a look out for it the following week :D

Cheers Adam, Might have to change the delivery address for this as the dog ate the stubby aerial that was delivered! :rolleyes:

Will Pm you.