The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Wangan Supra

steve.m

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By the sounds of it Jurgen the problem was the oem studs sat out past the face of the spacer, meaning the inside of the wheel was sat on the studs and not the spacer.

possible, the spacers were fitted to the BBS alloys LMs aswell so maybe the design of the inside of BBS allowed them to sit flush. (as some wheels have space inside).

thats the only reason they might have been left longer.

and when its came back for the wheel swap..

its never got noticed as it might of looked ok and felt ok, but i am surprised as i drove it and so did andy..

possible, the spacers were fitted to the BBS alloys LMs aswell so maybe the design of the inside of BBS allowed them to sit flush. (as some wheels have space inside).

thats the only reason they might have been left longer.

and when its came back for the wheel swap..

its never got noticed as it might of looked ok and felt ok, but i am surprised as i drove it and so did andy..

That adds up, a lot of wheels do have recess' on the hub part.

I know its a thankless task but maybe do what I do now, if a customer goes against what you think is the right and safe way either 1) refuse to fit em or 2) sign a disclaimer or at least put on the invoice it is reccomended etc, you need to cover yourself if something goes wrong, if the wheel was not tight on the hub with a spigot ring then that was the cause for sure.

thats right mate the car has been out of sight for well over year from our workshop , but if we know stuff then maybe we can advise also the new owners if they had a problem what it may be.

am only an email or phone call away..

its the first we have heard of it.. we even drove to santa pod in it last year with the ccw and gave it stick all the way there and back to leeds lol..

but at least its sorted now..

That adds up, a lot of wheels do have recess' on the hub part.

has to be that 100% the bbs we can spin on ramps no bother lol but the ccw difficult to rotate and see..

lesson learned for sure..

i have spacers on my R35 GTR now and the studs are still oem as the OEM wheels have a gap to sit inside..

but my new wheels arrive so going to double check now ..

i still prefered the BBS LMs

Gorgeous Supra...

Glad to hear your going back to the stock look as well. This would be an awesome sleeper with the stock look, but I think the bulge in the bonnet and the reg might give it away slightly :D

Just a heads up, the first set of pics don't seem to be working (for me anyway)

Nice work Steve - She is looking great and I'm sure she will be even better in time :) I shall be watching this with close eyes and hope to see the Car in action later this year :D I think the wheel stud issue is know one's fault! We all live and learn by our mistakes and we do things in trail and error :) After all no one is perfect.

Very nice looking car great power aswell. What front bumper do you have on there it looks like a do-luck but looks to long on the nose?

Cheers, The bumper is an Abflug Aero I believe

Wanna swop them wheels for my dolucks?

Nice car, whens it going to SRD? im up for a going to see her too

Nice try but the only wheels I'd give these up for would be the ones Jamiep has but that would involve getting the Nur arches which is ££££ and the fact we would keep going to get in each others car at meets as they would be almost identical!:D

I'm going to the monthly meet at pease pottage services on the 25th of march I think it is, and then leaveing the car with Lee.

Nice work Steve - She is looking great and I'm sure she will be even better in time :) I shall be watching this with close eyes and hope to see the Car in action later this year :D I think the wheel stud issue is know one's fault! We all live and learn by our mistakes and we do things in trail and error :) After all no one is perfect.

Cheers Andy.;)

Cheers, The bumper is an Abflug Aero I believe

Nice try but the only wheels I'd give these up for would be the ones Jamiep has but that would involve getting the Nur arches which is ££££ and the fact we would keep going to get in each others car at meets as they would be almost identical!:D

I'm going to the monthly meet at pease pottage services on the 25th of march I think it is, and then leaveing the car with Lee.

Cheers Andy.;)

May as well book up for the dyno day then !!!!