lust2luv

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No problem.

Tell the truth I was seriously worried for a while there after the Nash / Dingles thing, and Lust2luvs posts.

The mechanic's name was Mark, by the way. Didn't get the recepionist's name, but she did put something that looks suspiciously like a kiss on my invoice...

And before anyone else spots it, I *did* give thema cheque for £153.35. Oh well, they can have the penny tip!

invoice_kiss.jpg

Darren, that's a result! I have a feeling that Lowestoft may become a popular Supra-owner holiday resort :)

Re the spark plugs, Option replaced mine, they are HKS & I believe are a 'cooler'plug. They have been in about 10,000 miles now, no problems that I have noticed.

Option charge £55 per hour, changed my rear pads on the last service, couldn't get the pistons unstuck (?) cost me 4 hours labour...couldn't see what else was done apart from an oil change. Paid about £400 in total. Didn't have the front pads in stock, promised to get them in a couple of days, never rang me, when I rang them a week later told me they'd call me when they were in - still waiting over 2 months later! Extremely underimpressed to say the least. Guess where I shan't be going any more...they are all very pleasant etc but that is not what gets the car serviced. Re the front pads, I bought some Porterfields & my local garage made a perfectly good job of fitting them for £30....

Many thanks for the feedback Darren! I've mailed you my e-mail address.

Well looks like I may be Lowestoft bound! Is the garage in the middle of nowhere, or is there anything to do around there? If not, I guess I'll just have to be careful in my choice of reading matter!

I'm off to cancel my service at Fish Brothers... :mad:

You have mail. :)

If anyone wants to use Gooch, they will need the frame and model codes from your VIN so that they can order any parts they do not have in stock. I usually supply these a month in advance and then verify that they have the parts a fortnight beforehand.

Also, for an import they will only estimate the price based on the UK service scope of work (as in the back of the UK service book). This should be about £210 (hence my earlier figures). They do charge extra per hour for working on an import, but I've posted the details for that elsewhere in this ,or one of the other servicing threads. What you end up paying depends of course on whether you need the full suite of extras. Whatever the total, it shouldn't be anywhere near as pricey as you have been quoted up until now!

Good luck! :D

• 6 years later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...