The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Modified cars - big bhp need insurance at good prices

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CCI were more for me and they also stated it has to be used in motor sport for them to insure me, I would take time to read your policy.

I've read mine, cover to cover, its a sports car policy not a competition policy, social domestic pleasure and commuting. not sure why you were told this. I've said it once and I'll say it again, they may be called 'competition car insurance' but they are just brokers. Its not like Elephant insurance only covers elephants, they also are very reasonable on rhinos too.

I've read mine, cover to cover, its a sports car policy not a competition policy, social domestic pleasure and commuting. not sure why you were told this. I've said it once and I'll say it again, they may be called 'competition car insurance' but they are just brokers. Its not like Elephant insurance only covers elephants, they also are very reasonable on rhinos too.

I got told the same thing too; that they only offer insurance for cars used in motorsports etc so I couldn't even get a quote from them. :S

They were happy to insure me, I said I would be taking the car to the pod or doing a couple of trackdays a year (which I will) and was told thats fine. They do offer road policies as well. Sadly on I need the car for commuting once a week so they didnt work out that cheap for me in the end. Different story if it was only to be used SD&P.

Very helpfull on the phone tho!

• 5 weeks later...

Just had mine insured with Competition car insurance as well.

All mods declared, full value agreed and £786 all in!! :D

Spot on

I dealt with Martin, who said he can get great deals for members of the forum. His direct number is below:

just been quoted £475 by Elephant, 26years old with 4 years NCB all mods declared

Did you notice this Elephant clause.

"Please note - if you make a claim for loss or damage to your car, we will only pay the cost of replacing standard parts or optional extras from the car manufacturer. Non standard parts or modifications are not covered".

The only thing most people look at on insurance documents are the £££££ signs, that's why insurance companies can nearly always wriggle if the payout looks avoidable and they feel like wriggling. If you have no money , live in a rented house, and have no substantial assets it may be tempting to risk a cheap policy via a small brkerage. If you now earn, or may in the future earn good money, or have substantial assets like property or savings, you leave them open to seizure if you run a bloody minded high earner over and your "amazing" policy turns to dust in your hands. One only has to look back through posts in this very forum to see the clamour for "claim for whiplash", or "I would take him for everything I could" to see the way some people's minds work when presented with an opportunity to make a (probably fraudulent), claim. Given the broken morality of the Britain we now live in I would want the security of a good policy around me, even if I cursed each year when signing the cheque.

Im with elephant, only went with them because it was the cheapest.

i had a bump few months ago, Woman turned into me!

Elephant were that shitawful, they lost the battle for me causing me too loose 4 years no claims, i will not be with them next year i know!

Watch the swearing please chap.

Thanks.

Lbm.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Just a quick bump on this guys with some bad news really.

I've just phoned them for a quote and was told the underwriters will not insure a supra for road use now only as a track car. Aparently everyone that is insured by them will receive a letter when they are due for renewal explaining they can't insure them anymore.