The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Modified cars - big bhp need insurance at good prices

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fantastic, new unofficial club insurer :D

Will definitely give them a ring once I'm ready to get back on the road :)

Maybe try and make them official with club discount:d

By the sounds of it, I think we should!

My insurance is up in April, might get a quote off them to see what they are like, thanks Jurgen :)

Does anyone actually know of a case where they have paid out in full to an agreed valuation figure? It's a very grey area. I would be asking on some of the motor sport forums to see what real world experiences people have had with them. Sounds too good to be true. Who are they putting the risk with?

Annnnnd were back to reality lol :p

My insurance is due next month i believe, i think i shall give them a call :)

Hmm interesting. When I renewed with Sky insurance in November they told me that absolutely nobody did agreed value anymore. Deffinately going to look at switching this year.

I wouldn't trust Sky, they told me the renewal is the best price on the Market & I won't be able to get a better price than them after being with them for 1 year. I had a quick look & made a £400 saving! When I told them they offered to match it... To late by then, I knew to take my business elsewhere.

Does anyone actually know of a case where they have paid out in full to an agreed valuation figure? It's a very grey area. I would be asking on some of the motor sport forums to see what real world experiences people have had with them. Sounds too good to be true. Who are they putting the risk with?

Their underwriter is Aviva

I'm very wary of insurers now. I never used to even call around, i just agreed to my renewal and carried on. However my gf had her clio written off by an artic just before xmas and we are still waiting on a £900 pay out (i know its small but it was only a first car). So far they have said they have lost the v5, lost the mot cert and are now after telling us they're going 50/50 that the extra cover she took out to cover her excess (she was told it would be better as her car was not very valuable and could be swallowed up by her excess) they have now decided that this cover doesn't apply anymore. Long story short we've been told to be VERY careful about which insurer we use in future as premium prices is only half the story, mediocre companies can screw you over right when you need them most.

I phoned CCI today and was quoted for a limited mileage policy of 3000 miles and a specified car value to 30k (non-agreed though). This policy applies to all cars over 400BHP so it's ideal for the Supra owner. I spoke with a real top chap called Martin who could not have been more helpful if I wanted - this has been the best insurance experience for me so far!!

The best part of the transaction is that all of the CCI lines were busy when I first phoned this morning but I left a message and then got a call back 30-minutes later. (How often does that happen with other companies).

Very pleased indeed.

Well done Jurgen for the lead. CCI has got my vote for the new club insurer.

.....................I suppose you will all want to know the price, lol:

£415:thumbs:

I almost fainted

Does anyone know if they do under 25s?

These are a great company!

They do under 25's, I am currently with them (got my quote through Need To Insure and they were the best option at the time) and I'm 22 with my TT all mods declared (given not many lol), unlimited modifications allowed as long as I don't swap out the engine and covered for track use :thumbs: I confirmed that I can go big power (gave them a small single build as an example) and my premium will not change I just have to submit a 'modification spec' :D

Will say however that for up to BPU when your young Admiral seem to be the best price wise as they accept those mods and I got a quote of around £1k (after I was already covered :( )

Im just concerned that if the worst happens and you car is scrap how much

grief are you going to have trying to get what you think its worth even if

you have receipts for x amount of work and parts etc.

My agreed value policy actually states on it what i'll get if my car is a total

loss.