The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Modified cars - big bhp need insurance at good prices

Jurgen-Jm-Imports

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just spoken to them, they seem like a pretty small firm as they only had two people taking calls so i had to wait 2 hours for a callback :p I got quoted £539.42 fully comp with limited mileage and 4 years ncb. Thought the quote was "ok" but i will have a look elsewhere and see if i can find anything cheaper :)

I just had a quote off CCI and its not bad and way better than Sky did last time

i spoke to them but the lack of agreed value does concern me.

I dont know how good it is till i get my renewal from LWIB but its about £100 more

than i paid last year but this policy has no limited mileage, 5 days track cover and

30 days european cover including 2 trackdays in europe but excluding the Ring !

I started to mention mods etc and the lady i spoke to wasn't interested in knowing

any of that and just asked what hp it had got, any claims or points, my postcode and

how much NCB i'd got, didn't even ask if it was garaged.

I'd like to see how others have done with this when they had to claim as thats the

only nagging bit knowing how insurance comps like to wriggle out of paying if they

can.

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

so do you need to have 400BHP to go with CCI?

my car is dynod at 381BHP lol. unless i do a quick one off dyno run with the boost up :D

on a serious note do you have to have 400BHP with them?

called them, im only 381BHP, this is fine :) they have given me the cheapest quote from a lot of companies :)

I should be on commision the amount of customers I have put there way!

yep and another for me :)

The lady i spoke to at CCI was putting details etc in the post when i called last wednesday but no sign of

anything yet !

could have got lost in post, or she forgot to send it. just call up and ask for it again. the policy sounded good when i was on the phone to them.

could have got lost in post, or she forgot to send it. just call up and ask for it again. the policy sounded good when i was on the phone to them.

The only way you'll know if this is a good policy or not is if we had history of how other claims

have gone.

It won't be the nice broker thats the issue when you claim but the not so nice insurance

company that don't want to pay out as much as you want.

The only way you'll know if this is a good policy or not is if we had history of how other claims

have gone.

It won't be the nice broker thats the issue when you claim but the not so nice insurance

company that don't want to pay out as much as you want.

Insurer is Aviva, the largest UK insurer. you can go direct to them regarding claims.

I am with Avira on my trader's policies, and the one claim I have had was paid without undue fuss. The wife wrote off someone's brand new (2 day old) big Renault something or other. I remember the phone call well:

Wife. "I have had an accident, the car's a mess"

Me. "Whose car, never mind your's, it's an old banger. Put the other driver on".

Click.

"Are you OK?" What's the damage to the car, and what is it?"

Other driver. "It's a company car, a new Renault (whatever, I forget), only 2 days old, I am fine and not a not the type to claim vexatious damages, it was just one of those things, but definitely her fault".

Me. "Is there much damage?"

Other driver. "Well neither back door will open, the roof is creased and the rear glass is out and on the motorway. I am awaiting recovery, it's a company car and I didn't like it much anyway".

Me. "oh dear, can you put my wife back on please?". "Jane, how bad is your car, can you move it?"

Wife. "Oh yes, I have moved it already. It has two broken headlights and the bonnet's damaged, but it'll get home OK, no steam or liquids underneath, shall I try and get back?"

Me. "Well, seeing as it sounds as if you've written off a brand new car I can do without the further expense of either paying a tow truck, or coming out myself, so yes, get your *@se back here, now".

Claim was about £22K I think.... Her Scirocco had a secondhand wing, a secondhand bonnet, and a used bumper and front panel and 2 used headlights. Cost about £100 to fix up. Was drivable until they were sorted. Renault was a write off. Avira were fine. Needless to say the premiums went up for a few years. Bloody women. French junk.

Edited by Chris Wilson (see edit history)

5 years on your insurance, so it's about done now :)

Cheers mate, hopefully that will lower it a bit. Although from what people have said it doesn't make much difference