The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not much going on lately

Rob_Mitchell

I'll be here forever also! Don't have the spare cash for a big project, but the Sup is getting to the way I want it bit by bit which I think is making me appreciate it more!:)

I do like the GTR don't get me wrong, but for looks a Supra wins hands down!

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I said the same thing ages ago. For the most part the reason that threads don't get put in the projects section is because noone asks. I started my project thread ages ago and just thought it wasn't worthy of being a project thread. I raised the question about why it's only single installs that get the bump only to be asked if I had requested a move or not lol.

The trouble with opening up the section to everyone would mean more moderating work as you can imagine the sort of dross that would end up started in there. Although, having it members only would cut back the amount of clutter. There would be loads of people not following the rules of project threads though.... tell you what... I'll offer to moderate it with my big stick:D

Surely it can be done so only the op can post in the thread which cuts down on the ass kissing and negative comments, mind you it might get a bit boring.

Oh and ScottM for mod :D

I'm interested in UGP's thread with the V12, that should be cool. It's just a shame it's not been updated much.

Someone give me £50k and I'll build a big single by myself. That'll give you all a lot to do for a while :D

Someone give me £50k and I'll get a GTR and have a TT6 as a daily.

I said the same thing ages ago. For the most part the reason that threads don't get put in the projects section is because noone asks. I started my project thread ages ago and just thought it wasn't worthy of being a project thread. I raised the question about why it's only single installs that get the bump only to be asked if I had requested a move or not lol.

The trouble with opening up the section to everyone would mean more moderating work as you can imagine the sort of dross that would end up started in there. Although, having it members only would cut back the amount of clutter. There would be loads of people not following the rules of project threads though.... tell you what... I'll offer to moderate it with my big stick:D

Your acid tongue and whit is enough Scott you dont need a big stick.

Johnys will be very nice to see done, I also cant wait to see Lee start on jays car when its out of the bodyshop, Between Baldy and Lee you guys are going to piss your pants :D Just wait till you see the engine bay :drool:

Is that JayNW's car? Looking forward to seeing his one done in summer!

Johnys will be very nice to see done, I also cant wait to see Lee start on jays car when its out of the bodyshop, Between Baldy and Lee you guys are going to piss your pants :D Just wait till you see the engine bay :drool:

Yeah been hearing good things, all hush hush so ill keep quiet. It is going to be unbeatable

This time of year is always a bit slow in general, but this year we are seeing a lot of For Sales coming up and not much updating in the Project threads

As already said, most Project threads are based around big money Single builds and money is generally short

mine spent most of last year in and out of the Bodyshop and I have spent way to much money on it in the last 12 months, but I still don't think of it as a Project Thread due to it being bodywork, although I have totally changed the look of my Supra

Funny enough it's in the bodyshop at the moment:d:innocent:

Well iam looking at doing a project with my supra at the min but cant decided if should go na-t route or drop in tt lump,and dont rally want to ask for advice as every time i do all get told is sell n/a any buy tt6 but dont want to sell my n/a as have spend loads of money on getting her looking sweet and making sure she solid and reliable, all i want from my supra is between 400 to 500bhp of reliable userable power without much lag. want to keep the engine as responsive as possible

Well iam looking at doing a project with my supra at the min but cant decided if should go na-t route or drop in tt lump,and dont rally want to ask for advice as every time i do all get told is sell n/a any buy tt6 but dont want to sell my n/a as have spend loads of money on getting her looking sweet and making sure she solid and reliable, all i want from my supra is between 400 to 500bhp of reliable userable power without much lag. want to keep the engine as responsive as possible

What you have said is exactly why I decided the best route for me is to drop a TT lump in mine

do what you want to do bud, don't let anyone tell you different.

Drop in a TT, job done :)

Be prepared for the box to go depending on your driving style though.