The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not much going on lately

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I gues I should start a wee project thread as my supra is getting a full respray 'colour change back to original 202' getting the wheels 'Volk' refurbed but painting the spokes gun mental grey instead of the chrome that is one just now. The Endless brakes are being painted in red, I have new Seats Cobra Misano Lux, tinting my windows, toyo 295-30-19'' Tyres. In the next couple of months I will have my interior trimed in leather and Alcantara and replace my Tein SS Coilover with something better..!

I've been overseas for almost 3months now and my car is in Portugal so I've not had the chance to take photos, I've asked a friend who's also a member on here to take photos so hopefully have something soon..! :-)

You what!! :D

Yup, my mate in the states is upgrading his setup, so I'm buying his old one, made 750RWHP, he took me out in it a few months ago and even in Texas heat it was just breifly lighting up the rear in 4th before it hooked, but fook me did it go :blink:

Can't wait for me to be running a similar output :D

Yup, my mate in the states is upgrading his setup, so I'm buying his old one, made 750RWHP, he took me out in it a few months ago and even in Texas heat it was just breifly lighting up the rear in 4th before it hooked, but fook me did it go :blink:

Can't wait for me to be running a similar output :D

750RWHP on a 62mm turbo? That has to be a world record. Even FWHP it would probably be a record.

Those US dynos eh ;)

To put it into context I've got the same brand of turbo only 67mm, same as a lot of guys, and it is gassed at around 700rwhp.

thought it was pretty much sold on that thread dude?

na mate, still here. The longer is don't sell then im more likely to keep it, and someone misses a great car at a good price.

I would have done it after 5 mins of hearing the members comments on such a lovely car

it did cross my mind mate, trust me

#

Im not even sure why you wanted to get rid after only having it finished for 6 months

Life mate, got things to do. i'll have a another supra soon enough. :D

750RWHP on a 62mm turbo? That has to be a world record. Even FWHP it would probably be a record.

Those US dynos eh ;)

To put it into context I've got the same brand of turbo only 67mm, same as a lot of guys, and it is gassed at around 700rwhp.

My bad, it's the 6765 with .96 A/R with 272 Cams and 850CC injectors, I'll also be adding dual Walbro's and probably go down the Syvecs route for the management, undecided on manifold at this point in time though.

My bad, it's the 6765 with .96 A/R with 272 Cams and 850CC injectors, I'll also be adding dual Walbro's and probably go down the Syvecs route for the management, undecided on manifold at this point in time though.

Ahh yes, that's more like it. I still don't think it'll see 750rwhp over here but as proven already 750fwhp can be had :D

Whifbitz manifold is excellent IMO.

Ahh yes, that's more like it. I still don't think it'll see 750rwhp over here but as proven already 750fwhp can be had :D

Whifbitz manifold is excellent IMO.

Yeah I doubt I'll see 750 over here, we know what those American dyno's are like:d. My personal aim is 650rwhp.

Cheers on the recomendation anyway, I'll have a wander over to there site now and have a looky.

Yeah I doubt I'll see 750 over here, we know what those American dyno's are like:d. My personal aim is 650rwhp.

Cheers on the recomendation anyway, I'll have a wander over to there site now and have a looky.

Are you going to strengthen the engine? 650whp might be a bit much to ask of the old girl ;)

I'm hoping for around 600rwhp, certainly won't be taking it past that level at the moment. I've got a spare engine sitting for when I'm finished with her though, will get a stand and build that one properly for when she goes POP :D

Are you going to strengthen the engine? 650whp might be a bit much to ask of the old girl ;)

I'm hoping for around 600rwhp, certainly won't be taking it past that level at the moment. I've got a spare engine sitting for when I'm finished with her though, will get a stand and build that one properly for when she goes POP :D

Maybe the head with uprated valves, springs and headgasket but was going to leave the bottom end standard, but my other idea was the same as yours and to strip down a spare stock block and rebuild it with stronger internals whilst running on a standard lump and see if it holds.

Roughly, what is 650whp at the fly as I know 800HP at the fly seems to be the limit for the standard lump, however, Jamie was running his at 850 iirc before putting the new engine in.

Maybe the head with uprated valves, springs and headgasket but was going to leave the bottom end standard, but my other idea was the same as yours and to strip down a spare stock block and rebuild it with stronger internals whilst running on a standard lump and see if it holds.

Roughly, what is 650whp at the fly as I know 800HP at the fly seems to be the limit for the standard lump, however, Jamie was running his at 850 iirc before putting the new engine in.

Around 700fwhp is the recognised limit without touching anything in the bottom end, even then you are probably living on borrowed time. JP just ramped up his turbo for the hell of it IIRC, just to see what the old girl could do. He knew that the engine was going to go but he wasn't fussed due to having a spare engine ready to go in. It eventually let go on him on the mile run I think, although he knew it wasn't healthy before he went for it.

650rwhp = 765fwhp on a manual or 812fwhp on an auto.