The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not much going on lately

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanx guys just unsure of best route as dont want to spend huge amounts of cash as am also saving to buy house, just want 400- 500 bhp of reliable power as like to use my supra every day,dont want to build a monster that have to keep in garage, if anyone has any nice advice iam open to ideas, i didnt buy a tt a didnt see point of spending 10k on a manual then pulling engine and replacing all bearings and maybe pistons and conrods as that gets in the silly money again

Thanx guys just unsure of best route as dont want to spend huge amounts of cash as am also saving to buy house, just want 400- 500 bhp of reliable power as like to use my supra every day,dont want to build a monster that have to keep in garage, if anyone has any nice advice iam open to ideas, i didnt buy a tt a didnt see point of spending 10k on a manual then pulling engine and replacing all bearings and maybe pistons and conrods as that gets in the silly money again

I think someone has been telling you fibs about the TTs bud. A stock TT, or even BPU, won't need any work done on it and will quite happily sit at 400+hp for many many years/miles. Bearings, pistons and conrods don't come into it at all when staying at sensible levels.... as long as the car has been looked after of course.

I think someone has been telling you fibs about the TTs bud. A stock TT, or even BPU, won't need any work done on it and will quite happily sit at 400+hp for many many years/miles. Bearings, pistons and conrods don't come into it at all when staying at sensible levels.... as long as the car has been looked after of course.

Well thats what was thinking of doing drop in tt lump but the hard part is finding one from someone you can trust they have looked after it thats why was thinking of replacing parts in block,just to be safe

Well thats what was thinking of doing drop in tt lump but the hard part is finding one from someone you can trust they have looked after it thats why was thinking of replacing parts in block,just to be safe

Have a look around on here. There are very few issues that come up other than the usual suspects. Can't say I've read of any bottom end failures that haven't been power related (700+hp).

My BPU should be nice when finished, trouble is refreshing a car with new parts like stock clutch, stem seals, brakes does not make for an interesting read

I'd love to read about a clean Supra that's been looked after properly. For me it isn't all about wild power claims and bodykits. Sometimes the stock(ish) cars are best, and that's why Burna's has been one of my favourites for many years now. If I ever get another - and I do want to - it'll be of a similar style.

Have a look around on here. There are very few issues that come up other than the usual suspects. Can't say I've read of any bottom end failures that haven't been power related (700+hp).

sweet thanx for that, if did say get tt lump with around 80,000 miles,would that be fine to drop straight in and then aim for 400-500 without fitting new bearings and ARP conrod bolts? The main thing is using the car everyday as when had my S2 RS Turbo built forged block and was running 251bhp at the wheels and used that car everyday for 3years without anything going wrong at all and drove it hard

Im looking forward to seeing SteveM's car get the SRD treatment an all, should will be a very nice car when finished.

Cheers Jamie.

When is Steve dropping his off with Lee, mudst go over have a nosey when thats in

Itching to get the car into Lee, I think we should look into getting him cloned.:D

I've not been hassling him about getting the car in yet as I'm still a little short on funds at the minute.

Should be early next month when Ive made some space. :)

I better dust off the credit card.:)

I was ment to start my single this year but I wanted to play with something different for a change so I bought my self my GSXR 750... I can't keep the smile of my face everytime I get on the thing ...So I won't be doing much this year with the Supra! I might take it to the odd show but that's about it really

sweet thanx for that, if did say get tt lump with around 80,000 miles,would that be fine to drop straight in and then aim for 400-500 without fitting new bearings and ARP conrod bolts? The main thing is using the car everyday as when had my S2 RS Turbo built forged block and was running 251bhp at the wheels and used that car everyday for 3years without anything going wrong at all and drove it hard

No bother at all, you won't see 500hp from a BPU though. 400-430 is the max :)

Guys on here have been members for years and have had no issues with their cars. I've had mine over 3 years and the only issue I had was when I blew the turbos... that was my fault though, not a reliability issue.

I was going to start my project this year but to be honest i doubt its going to happen. My trade in construction has slowed down dramatically have only done a few days work since the start of november. The cost of living has almost doubled in the last 2 or so years and with petrol prices hitting the roof most people just cant afford to run these sort of cars anymore and the ones that can dont really have the sort of money to start the big builds. Hopefully things will pick up for me and everyone else soon and then i can give you somthing to read and have a laugh over with the mistakes i make.....hopefully not to many:)

I had plans, but they have been (temporarily) usurped by house purchasing, 2* house refurbing for letting, and, ahem, a minor dose of marriage :D

One thing I wanted to do was stick on a new GTX3076R and see if it's T67 power with better than T61 spool. If anyone wants to donate me one I promise back to back testing and nice graphs to look at :D

I'd say there are fewer projects, even here over the pond, but the quality of the projects is definately getting to a higher level.

Time to dust off my topic too lol. 3 years nearly stood still....poor thing....

but, put some elbow grease in this last weekend and working on the car here and there to get all the wiring etc in order (previous Japanese owner was a spaghetti lover by the look of it).

Plans to get the car on the road asap, with just some arp studs/ fuel system etc on the stock block, and build a complete forged engine on the side during this spring/summer.

I'd love to read about a clean Supra that's been looked after properly. For me it isn't all about wild power claims and bodykits. Sometimes the stock(ish) cars are best, and that's why Burna's has been one of my favourites for many years now. If I ever get another - and I do want to - it'll be of a similar style.

Totally agree with this.

People simply don't have the money this time of year, times are uncertain and you need to have a bit of security if things at work go pear shaped. I still use my car but probably only once or twice a week and I walk to work now to save a bit of money and wear and tear on the car, it's also freezing cold so if you haven't got a garage you are out in the elements.

For the project threads my favourate ones are where someone has a car that is a little ratty in places and they manage to make big improvements to the car for little money, something like seat covers, refurbing or spraying ther dash. The other day someone (forget who) did a thread where they sprayed their TT pipes with BBQ paint and the difference was amazing for very little outlay. I also like the V8 conversion threads, i'd like to see someone do a nice V8 conversion with a really nicely tidied up engine bay.

I spent the last 15 months taking my NA apart, making repairs, buying performance upgrades and finally putting it all back together as a 400bhp wannabe race car.

For me 2012 is all about driving the damn thing.

Just as soon as I buy a tow bar for the Navara, service the transporter and save enough money for the entry fee to Mondello.:(

I need to use mine more when its ready. I only seemed to go to a few shows last year and i really want to start doing sat and sun camping, would be a laugh.

I have great hopes for 2012 and i hope the club events fill up more and we get more of a turn out at shows, the RX7 lads and skyline peeps had better turn outs than the supra club

Time and money. If you have the time, you're usually skint - and I'm usually so tied up with work during the week and life on the weekends, that I don't get a chance very often to tinker any more. Plus there's always other seemingly more important expenses than buying more parts for the Supra.

That being said, there should be a bit more progress on my Supra over the next few months - hope to be at Ryan's before April to fit the Syvecs and retune, at the very least.

Me too:thumbs:,

Edited by Mario (see edit history)