The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your biggest supra regret

The Raven

I bought mine in 2000 with 15,000 miles on it.

It's still going very well.

No regrets.

Yet.

Ok, it doen't pick up curries very well from the Take Away, but smashing front bumpers is not really a regret. More a small, but fixable annoyance :)

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I bought mine in 2000 with 15,000 miles on it.

It's still going very well.

No regrets.

Yet.

Ok, it doen't pick up curries very well from the Take Away, but smashing front bumpers is not really a regret. More a small, but fixable annoyance :)

How Many miles has it done now if you don't mind me asking?

I don't really have any regrets apart from actually enjoying it fully, my car spends most of its life in the garage as my life is so hectic .. Would love to take it on a track and use it for what it's built for but I'm a tart now as I'm frightened of getting my paint work dirty lol

To top it off it was an ex-turbofit car! To go from an unmodified/unmolested NA 5-spd which i'd replaced arms, shocks and brakes on to that was... interesting.

Happily Whifbitz twin WG manifold, fuelling and various other bits being fitted by Paul this/next week, so hoping just to receive a 'we're all done everything's good' call mid-next week :)

And Ryan just fitted my S6 to the car so SRR later on this month.

My luck now is it'll snow on the way home!

When I dropped my engine off on Sat with Paul was it your red car on the ramp? I'm sure he said it was yours.

In good hands with Paul.

Should of kept the uk and put a single on it, sorry to rub it in.

/QUOTE]

Still got the uk. :p the single had a lot of very nice parts on it. to do that i would have ended up swapping the engine, exhaust. suspention setup (all of it) and wheels. headlights, rear lights. then fit an interior to the single. and still ended up with a car thats on 150k miles almost.

Rather than just swap my uk interior into the single and then fit an interior into the uk and pay for other bits like a new battery, alternator, aircon refit, and a darn good service. and a few other bits :), most of which i couldnt have done and would have had to pay for.

and iv got a bit bored of storm blue and fancied a white one :p

Still got the uk. :p the single had a lot of very nice parts on it. to do that i would have ended up swapping the engine, exhaust. suspention setup (all of it) and wheels. headlights, rear lights. then fit an interior to the single. and still ended up with a car thats on 150k miles almost.

Rather than just swap my uk interior into the single and then fit an interior into the uk and pay for other bits like a new battery, alternator, aircon refit, and a darn good service. and a few other bits :), most of which i couldnt have done and would have had to pay for.

and iv got a bit bored of storm blue and fancied a white one :p

Boredom sounds expensive :p

When I dropped my engine off on Sat with Paul was it your red car on the ramp? I'm sure he said it was yours.

In good hands with Paul.

Yep that's my run of the mill beater :)

Well first piece of work with Paul, everyone has good things to say, so hopefully shortly including me!

My regret is rushing in and buying an NA instead of a TT, as I ended up paying for an NA-TT conversion within my first year of ownership.

I like my car, just wish it had ABS and an airbag etc. I'd like to end up with a nice stock UK spec.

Dont waste too long there won't be many left in the coming years as they will have all gone to the continent or be in the hands of people who don't want to sell.

Dont waste too long there won't be many left in the coming years as they will have all gone to the continent or be in the hands of people who don't want to sell.

Hi Mike, I am hoping to buy one before the summer. Another big regret was not buying a white Uk spec which I came across 5 months ago. It was in white, fully stock, had full toyota service history and had only 57,000 miles one the odo :(

erm dont really have any tbh. i love my car and its never really missed abit a beat. a few little niggles but i expected that coming from a 96 car :) although i kinda regret selling my mk7 fiesta zs for the supra. running a 600bhp supra every day for a few months had its affect of my bank balance! got a mk5 fiesta zs now, so the supras saved for the weekend. oh and i made a newb mistake when buying it. i should havce spend lots of time on here learning about the supra before i bought one. i was lucky as mine hasnt missed a beat and the previous owner spent alot getting it how it is now :)

Edited by tkddav3 (see edit history)

not driving it due to various reasons, not being able to park it at work(i have a old corsa due to haveing to park on a side road on an industrial estate) my son prefers to go in his mams car no room in the back for him,im lucky if i have put more than a thousand miles on it in the last two and half years such a waste of a nice car, ashamed to say it spends just about all of its time under its car cover.

erm dont really have any tbh. i love my car and its never really missed abit a beat. a few little niggles but i expected that coming from a 96 car :) although i kinda regret selling my mk7 fiesta zs for the supra. running a 600bhp supra every day for a few months had its affect of my bank balance! got a mk fiesta zs now so the supras saved for the weekend. oh and i made a newb mistake when buying it. i should havce spend lots of time on here learning about the supra before i bought one. i was lucky as mine missed a beat and the previous owner spent alot getting it how it is now :)

Is yours the NA-t? did you know it was a na when you bought it?

Yeah, but you've got a cracking Reliant Robin.

I've heard you still get people looking at you too, right?

Less expenditure on tyres?

What regrets? :D

Not to mention less expenditure on wheel balancing, pads & discs! :D

I thought the people looking at me could have been due to the jedward hairstyle but I am now convinced it is the 19's Rota's I have fitted onto the Robin. I have now brought forward my hip replacement by 23 years!

i think mine would have to be not going to as many of the events aas i could of. i dont think you can have any real regrets just live and learn. like parking the car near a car park entrance at night where some kids poored nail varnish over the bonet, woste bit was i had parked and then thought i would more it as i might get a door ding where it was, never mind not much you can do about it.