The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manwithsupra's Racing Supra Project thread

ManwithSupra

Very nice matey.

Venue for what, a shakedown?

If so did you try Brunters or Abingdon?

Yeah shakedown, I need to run it on a circuit to finish the settings on the geartronics shifiting software for clutchless up and downshifts.

I may have something now, I just need to finalise it.

Christ thats going to be mental. Bet you can't wait. Like what you've done with the engine with regards central balance.

Thank you, I cant attribute the engine position to my skills I am afraid that would be the previous owner.

In the 4 1/2 years I have had her though I like to think I have put my stamp on it :)

• 2 weeks later...

Got a nice little video of doing some Upshift and downshift testing and tweaks on the race car for you.

This thing sounds amazing... I am so pleased everything is finally coming together.

[video=youtube;wzYun-ugGlI]

The upshifts and downshifts are clutchless, you only need the clutch for 1st gear.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Been really busy with family and work commitments recently so have not been able to get on with the car, One thing we did finish though was our new Voltex rear wing brackets.

The wing has never really been high enough to function to its potential so we made these which bring the wing in line to where its supposed to be :) just in the process of polishing them up.. was going to anodise them but thought ah what the hell lets get the wheel polisher out.

attachment.php?attachmentid=215996&stc=1&d=1480604279

attachment.php?attachmentid=215997&stc=1&d=1480604279

attachment.php?attachmentid=215998&stc=1&d=1480604279

I promise I will be getting the car out very soon, HONEST. You know how life is though as soon as you think you may have some free time to do something.. there is some time vampire lurking just wating out there ready to strike as soon as you think you may have some time spare... its been non stop.

Once they have been polished up I will get some of them on the car, right now I am covered in brown cutting compound.

picture1.jpg

picture2.jpg

picture3.jpg