The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manwithsupra's Racing Supra Project thread

ManwithSupra

1 hour ago, Peter P said:

Hey Rich,

Glad to hear life is back on an even keel, hopefully stays that way mate. Look forward to following your progress and seeing more updates, what are your plans for the Supra this year?

Best of luck and good to hear from you. 

Cheers.

Pete

Plans wise, just to get it out on track a bit more, life is still too busy to consider a competitive racing series, but I plan to take the supra to more shows and events this year too.

There is some more refining work to be done and that's just to iron out little niggles here and there.

• Like 1

Here is a little update, the car now has a full metal firewall between the cockpit and the fuel tank. This was an area of concern due to the fact there was no barrier between the fuel lines and fittings and the cockpit so if there was a fuel leak which decided to ignite then a flashover was quite possible.

This was in the initial fit up, now its fully sealed and the access panels have high temp seals, so if there is a fuel fire it will be contained in that area, I also have a blazecut automatic fire extinguisher installed on the underside of the firewall should a fuel line or fitting rupture and it decide to go up..

Yes it added some weight, but for the sake of being safe its well worth it. Plus I'll save a load more weight once I change the aluminium flat floor to Aramid (Kevlar)

285018644_10159376480783802_2198064916746744616_n.jpg

ZOO_SK100434_09.jpg

• Like 4

• 5 months later...
22 minutes ago, mwilkinson said:

That's a good thing.  The car is a one off and we will never see the likes of it again. It's as unique, if not more, than the Top Secret Supra or similar.

Thank you kindly. It seems not many know about it anymore though, although that's my fault really for not posting in ages etc 😆

• 2 months later...