The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manwithsupra's Racing Supra Project thread

ManwithSupra

Hmmm, is there some particular reason they use seven bolts? As the crank flange has eight holes this sounds a bit odd.... ;)

Must be a mistake on the website OsGiken say use OsGiken bolts or mod the JZA70 bolts; I read the bolts required are shorter than OEM

http://www.osgiken.net/upload/d42.pdf

Edited by Jellybean (see edit history)

With a stock Giken movement alteration kit the pedal is virtually the same as a stock clutch. It'll probably be lighter still with the concentric release. There may be need for some experiment by Richard with master cylinder sizes, I suggest starting with a 3/4 inch bore one.

Clutch is a TR2CD.

Yeah, I am going to check to see what I have installed already tonight.

I think I mentioned this to you, but you must use a pedal stop with some cylinder sizes, depress slowly and carefully until the clutch fully releases, if the pedal (and thus master cylinder) still has much travel left you MUST fit a stop or the diaphragm spring will be damaged. I suggest an adjustable stop.

I think I mentioned this to you, but you must use a pedal stop with some cylinder sizes, depress slowly and carefully until the clutch fully releases, if the pedal (and thus master cylinder) still has much travel left you MUST fit a stop or the diaphragm spring will be damaged. I suggest an adjustable stop.

Yep, I already have an adjustable pedal stop :)

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the lack of updates guys, been focused on my new business recently, its been a busy few months :(

Also had a nightmare with the prop shaft took an age to get to me so that put me massively behind as well

Car is still getting there, spent a good amount of time on it today finishing off the harness mounts and seat sub frames as some things needed adjusting, will be spending all day tomorrow and all day Friday installing all the new electrics and looms so it should be up and running very soon, testing will follow so I will keep the updates rolling in. I think its safe to say that getting to the next round of Time Attack could be slim, that said things are coming together now I have a bit more time to spend on it.

Here is a picture of how it is at the moment, I know you cant see much has changed but there has been an awful lot of work done on the wiring looms, pneumatics, brake lines, brakes master cylinder, wheel bearings, cooling etc parts you cannot really see.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfa1/v/t1.0-9/19597_835735896501055_6145574716872535795_n.jpg?oh=03db44c065156be5223fa1db7097aa4e&oe=562CF4FE

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xta1/v/t1.0-9/11267103_835735983167713_3951934775792068301_n.jpg?oh=dd2c2b3bab791bfd79e61fe00613512a&oe=5626542C

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11540842_10153080662883802_5523674631581637931_n.jpg?oh=d670ff5173a98a0a9952c0260d1e38b1&oe=5632023F

• 2 weeks later...
And a fantastic price for a carbon lid to boot!

New website is top drawer mate. :thumbs:

Ah cheers, yeah the price is amazing on those helmets they are very comfortable.

Thanks with regards the site, there is a load more stuff going on soon too :)

- - - Updated - - -

Forgot to ask, what happened with the guy in work who taught he knew everything about Supras and then found out you race one

Did he come back in after that cigarette lol

I dont ever remember seeing him after that day no.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
How's it going mate any updates ?

Sorry dude, haven't checked in for ages.

Yeah its getting there, been pretty much 100% commited to my new business so this has had to take a bit of a back burner.

Latest update is that I needed to get a custom extention harness made up for the Syvecs ECU as the area where the ECU is located on the car is so hard to get to and that there is so little loom to play with, splicing in the Geartronics ECU would be near impossible. Now JTI made us up the new extention harness means I can plumb in the geartronics gcu without having to be a contortionist, lying upside down with a red hot soldering iron an inch from my face with boiling solder waiting to drip on me. Yay for me and for my face...

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/11217509_886063341468310_5947080742711194361_n.jpg?oh=651751c0e9bb436b9971f66f4f6ec304&oe=567CC62D

• 2 months later...