The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manwithsupra's Racing Supra Project thread

ManwithSupra

• 2 weeks later...

The All Carbon Interior is now finally well underway.

This is 100% Ultra lightweight Carbon Fiber no fiberglass here at all.

The floor panels have 4 layers of 200gsm carbon and a Honeycomb core to help keep the weight down over solid carbon.

I have tested this and it can take my whole weight without failing.

Some trimming here and there but its pretty much there.

attachment.php?attachmentid=207729&stc=1&d=1451593434

IMAG1113-01.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thought I'd share a picture of the car on our stand at the Autosport show just gone.

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xft1/v/t1.0-9/12507245_1675994922680300_7955371054403481859_n.jpg?oh=2068462d1b82a04362a58a627c4f0a7e&oe=574454B4

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12509144_1675994949346964_9212263586343323465_n.jpg?oh=f00936c2015b2c73df700b79ffc7a4c7&oe=5749D16C

Was good to meet some fellow Supra owners during the show :)

Unfortunately didn't get to meet you but had a good chat with your dad and gave him some ideas for component development :D

Stand looked awesome

Ah, they said another member from MKIV came over, it was the only time I decided to have a break and get some late lunch.

Yep as you proably now know my father runs a precision engineering company which is where I get all my 2D and 3D CNC work done now, it was a good oppertunity for him to gain some more contacts so I let him come along with a few examples for the duration of the show so he can expand :)

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Was good to catch up matey, car has come on a long way, stand was impressive too :thumbs:

Cheers dude, was good to catch up, you got to get that car of yours out we both need to hit the track.

Yeah the car has come a long way since Ryan had it, it was nice to show it off (although still only 98% complete lol) it had a lot of interest though which was good.

Was nice to see Ryan.G too.. Poor guy kept saying he misses it but is really amazed on how far its come and how it looks.

Was also happy that Toyota GB put the car on their blog although they got the fact that it only runs a single turbo wrong :) - http://blog.toyota.co.uk/toyota-2016-autosport-international-show

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...