The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manwithsupra's Racing Supra Project thread

ManwithSupra

• 2 weeks later...

Been a little busy today,

Decided to fit some new lighting in the workshop today so the Supra got some fresh air, same on the outside, some fun things happening on the inside... all will be revealed soon.

attachment.php?attachmentid=187625&stc=1&d=1403979310

I have also been making a Aluminum compression mould on the CNC machine today for some carbon fiber holders I am making

attachment.php?attachmentid=187626&stc=1&d=1403979310

attachment.php?attachmentid=187628&stc=1&d=1403979310

Still got to do the final cut with a 3mm ball nose slot drill which will bring the surface to a good finish, then its a polish on the wheel and then onto making the compression side.

IMAG0624_1.jpg

20140628_154203.jpeg

20140628_163731.jpeg

20140628_171301.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Been speaking with the championship coordinator for UK Time attack and it seems the car would be suited to the Pro Extreme class.

I am waiting for some more details but it looks like there could be a good chance you will be seeing the car in TA sometime in the near future :)

Nice one Richard, would be great to see the car out there...

Been speaking with the championship coordinator for UK Time attack and it seems the car would be suited to the Pro Extreme class.

I am waiting for some more details but it looks like there could be a good chance you will be seeing the car in TA sometime in the near future :)

That'll be a Supra on either side of the pond adding a touch of class to Time Attack next year so!!

One of the organisers of the Irish Time Attack Series has asked if I'd consider entering in either of the Pro or Unlimited classes here. Funds permitting I'll be doing at least some of the rounds next year. The only real difference, to me, would be the tyres I'd be running, road legal in Pro & racing tyres in Unlimited. As I've always had one eye on the Pro class regulations when it came to upgrades and such I think I'd actually stand a half decent chance of not completely embarrassing myself!

Best of luck to you Rich, you'll have that wonderful flying machine of yours at the business end of things in no time at all.

Cheers guys :) It will be nice to see how the car fairs (time wise) against other cars with similar development.

I will by no means will be the quickest... I know that straight out, my experience and the fact the car is only running 600bhp against monsters with sponsored teams with pro racing drivers and power upwards of 800bhp and all the support crew I will be surely be in the minority in experience and support wise :)

My support crew will probably consist of my wife and a couple of mates as helpers, a trailer and probably a pasting table with a single packet of space raiders as food (as I will probably have no money left to buy anything else :))

But it will be a good learning curve, it will also be nice soak up the atmosphere of a true motorsport event/championship.

I met a couple of the drivers at the Autosport show a couple of years ago, they seem like a nice bunch of people so far :)

When I do enter TA, if anyone would like to help then I would be more than grateful, regrettably it would have to be "volunteer" work... you know for the love of motorsport :D

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

That is great news Richard! Would love to see this compete, it is an outstanding machine you've built. I'd also be happy to provide a lending hand. I might not be as mechanically minded as others but can assist in any help that is needed/muscle/chai waller/manager/techy/Pom Pom waver :D

Cheeky change of plans with regards to the seats...well actually its kind of forced :sly: the Corbeau Pro series seats I have will simply not fit in the car :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So in the instead o the Corbeau seats taking place of the heavy Cobra steel framed seats I will be hopefully be going for the very skinny and light Tillett B6 Carbon racing seats (after I do some more measuring) but on first measurements its looking good.

These bad boys only weigh 3.75kg each, this will mean a total weight saving of 15.3kg over the ones I have in the car already - Not bad. :D:D