The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Manwithsupra's Racing Supra Project thread

ManwithSupra

I am also thinking of adding the Geartronics Easyshift ECU with the 69G box to aid with reducing dog wear on flat shifts :)

Unless the Syvecs ECU can do this based on a closed loop.

http://www.geartronics.co.uk/flatshift.htm

Ryan confirmed that if I use the Geartronics unit then it will be able to send the signal to the S6 to cut/reduce torque on flat shifting, a conversation with Quaife also confirmed the use of the unit will greatly reduce wear :)

• 4 weeks later...
You will love TA its great fun. Really addictive though :)

Ive done a few rounds, Snetterton (love that track), Cadwell and Anglesea

Yeah its perfect for me, I don't think I will be that competitive though, the opposition has some pretty incredible machinery.

For me though I am at a point in life where if I don't do it I never will and for me its the joy of the experience of doing something like this, even if I come dead last I am not going to be too upset :) (of course if I am not last that's a bonus)

Yeah its perfect for me, I don't think I will be that competitive though, the opposition has some pretty incredible machinery.

For me though I am at a point in life where if I don't do it I never will and for me its the joy of the experience of doing something like this, even if I come dead last I am not going to be too upset :) (of course if I am not last that's a bonus)

You can't come last with a Supra like that.

No pressure :D

Good to see you yesterday matey, car is looking great and you will enjoy TA :thumbs:

Yeah was good to catch up dude and cheers :)

I hope so, was chatting with the Time Attack chief scrutineer later on in the day and we went over a couple of things with the coming regulations.

Unfortunately it looks like they are introducing a new regulation with regards to the engine position which could cause me some BIG issues with entry this year.

They are going to have a look at it and I will know in a couple of weeks. So fingers and toes crossed.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Sadly series are very poor for major regulation changes, it catches a lot of people out at this time of year, costing them money and a lot of grief. I hope you can resolve this. There are some race series it should be eligible for though.

Yeah, it was a bit of a pain, if this new regulation comes in then it will be very unlikely the car will be able to be entered, typical as it was fine last year :rolleyes:

There are other series the car should be ok in so all hope is not lost. I am still moving forward with the developments though, no point in halting that.

He is going to look into it as they still at the point where things can be changed and I will know in 2 weeks when this years regs are released. If they are released and this Reg is passed then I can see what can be done but if there is no room in the regs then it wont look like I will be doing TA :(:(

Yeah, it was a bit of a pain, if this new regulation comes in then it will be very unlikely the car will be able to be entered, typical as it was fine last year :rolleyes:

There are other series the car should be ok in so all hope is not lost. I am still moving forward with the developments though, no point in halting that.

He is going to look into it as they still at the point where things can be changed and I will know in 2 weeks when this years regs are released. If they are released and this Reg is passed then I can see what can be done but if there is no room in the regs then it wont look like I will be doing TA :(:(

If not you could always do the Toyota Sprint Series, you should do well in that, if the rules allow it that is.

If not you could always do the Toyota Sprint Series, you should do well in that, if the rules allow it that is.

Yeah that's an idea, I have asked a few questions, in the regs it does not state too much about the engine position so have asked a few questions about it, just in case TA falls through.

Well that sucks the big one!

Hopefully they come to their senses and leave at least one class in Time Attack as open as possible to allow proper engineering marvels like yours somewhere to shine.

Fingers crossed for you mate.

Can we organise a club petition perhaps?

Cheers dude, if not then its going to have to be another series.

I will get some more information from Simon at TA in the next few days.

Got some news today by way of a really nice email from the Time Attack Championship coordinator.

It looks like they will allow engine movements so as long as all the usual safety aspects are satisfactory as they had a lot of feedback over Autosport about engine movements.

I need to provide them some more details and the car may need to be looked at by their chief scrutineer before any event takes place.

However its a little more positive news.

They are normally fairly lax with this sort of thing. I put loads of effort in make sure everything on mine was AOK for scrutineering and and they checked the FIA numbers, looked at the car and gave it a sticker.

I remember also putting SteveL's car through Britcar and Steve was panicking about it as its a lot of money - again they just looked at it, asked steve what power it was putting out and gave it a sticker :D

On other news, after going to the Autosport show on Friday I found a company called TotalSim (http://www.totalsimulation.co.uk/wp/) that does car 3D scanning and CFD. After speaking with them on email at length today I should be getting the entire car 3D scanned (including the flat floor and diffuser) and getting some CFD done on its current setup.

Will be nice to see visually where the improvements can be made :)

On another note, it seems that my car suits the Toyota Sprint Series in the Pro Tuner Class so thats nice to fall back on if TA falls through.