The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Well, I have had better days! UPDATED

CJ

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, thank you all for the kind wishes. I'm feeling quite positive and hopeful of a recovery as I am pretty sure we are catching this early.

I have my youngest son Josh out here with me this week too and that has also helped me focus on the positives as he, like me, is the eternal optimist!

[This for Adam] - I will respond to your pm as soon as I get the ultrasound done but before thank I want to thank you very much for the advice and offer.

I contacted the hospital in Athens this morning and I have rescheduled the ultrasound scan for tomorrow morning. By lunchtime tomorrow I should know just how far the disease has progressed.

I spoke to my GP earlier and he is surprised at how well I feel and also at the almost total lack of symptoms he would have associated with oesophageal cancer. Lets hope that's a good sign!

I went to Athens today to get an ultrasound endoscopy done to ascertain the depth and spread of the disease. The Doc had explained that ideally we will have caught it early and it wont have breached too deep into the walls of the oesophagus and could be treated by an operation to remove the infected area. The worse case would have been other organs and lymph glands being infected.

Well, after the visit to Athens today I am delighted to report that the former is the case and it has only just started to attack the inner wall of the oesophagus and is therefore eminently treatable. Now, thats not to say it is an easy fix nor that I am out of the mire yet but it is a great start to what will hopefully be a full recovery.

I want to thank you all for your messages of support - they really meant a lot to me and my sons. xx