The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So whats the next step from BPU+ without going single?

Blackie

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to see what a Greddy Emanage blue will do to my bpu auto probably not a lot but i'm pretty sure in time i will go for a complete reworked bpu car the same as ADZsupra has done at SRD bulletproof usable power. I ride a bike for the thrills to save dreaming of going single. I just need that bit extra from the car to make it more lively how much that will cost is in the hands of Lee just now to get back to me.

a98malcolm has has just got 435bhp from BPU with a syvecs and apparently Ryan believes with larger injectors he would push more and possibly 450

Waste of time for 15bhp. You would never tell 15bhp in a 400+bhp car, even 50bhp extra would be hard to tell, its one reason why i think pushing bpu is a waste of time, everyone that has pushed bpu for the holy grail of 500 always seems to have problems and give in and go single.

Hybrids/ stand alone ecu's and injectors swaps, you may aswell just go small single for not much more money, it will run cooler, nice big step up in torque figures and it will be reliable if you have a good base car.

Waste of time for 15bhp. You would never tell 15bhp in a 400+bhp car, even 50bhp extra would be hard to tell, its one reason why i think pushing bpu is a waste of time, everyone that has pushed bpu for the holy grail of 500 always seems to have problems and give in and go single.

Hybrids/ stand alone ecu's and injectors swaps, you may aswell just go small single for not much more money, it will run cooler, nice big step up in torque figures and it will be reliable if you have a good base car.

Good advise, I will be chucking a single on later this year after Dragonball

Guest JohnSupra1

Good point!

How about AEM FIC?

i have tha aem fic8 and aem afr and i will never touch anything aem again utter rubish imo,

as jamie said i stayed sequention for the drive but got hybrids and well it was alot more laggy with the stage 3 hybrids i had and only lasted a year wish i would of gone single straight away or never even bothered going hybrid in the first place

Listen to the man, JP and a few of us have tried pretty much all the variables between us and like he says, go BPU and take the cheap easy HP, if its not enough the ONLY choice for bang per buck is single, my GT35 makes .8 bar at 3000rpm !!!!! I can hit -8 bar revving it in neutral as well, it will make 600 which is enough for the road, ill strap a little NOS kit on with a Titan box and run easy 10's.

Edited by dude (see edit history)

Worst thing I ever did on my BPU car, stay far far away! I'll never touch a piggyback ECU again.

Waste of time and money if not working right yes (like with me too) but there are surely people out there who are happy with theirs?

As for the OP, upgraded engine power needs upgraded suspension, brakes, tyres, rltc etc as well, unless it's been done already of course

you think its cost effective?

Only if you plan on going further, but like CW said Fraser got another 50hp fitting a Motec, but he is a trouble shooter for Motec and had the ability to spend hours playing with it unlike if you pay ryan or us for example at XXXper hour.

Only if you plan on going further, but like CW said Fraser got another 50hp fitting a Motec, but he is a trouble shooter for Motec and had the ability to spend hours playing with it unlike if you pay ryan or us for example at XXXper hour.

He also ran 1.4 bar on his ceramics but only in the mid range and tapered the boost off quickly to something more sensible towards the top end. It also helps being a mapping god.

Lyndon.

Edited by Nodalmighty (see edit history)

That's because he ran 1.4 bar on his ceramics but only in the mid range and tapered the boost off quickly to something more sensible towards the top end. It also helps being a mapping god.

Lyndon.

It also helps having your own dyno or access to one, its surprising what we find out when we are playing around !!! We have 2 Royal Mail vans to develop remaps on for economy, they are hoping for 25-30% improvement, Paul got a 63% improvement but we cant go to them with that as it seems ridiculous, the van was slightly down on torque in a couple of places but still drove OK, it now has a new map with a bit more go but hopefully still will be 40-50 improvement in fuel over stock.

It also helps having your own dyno or access to one, its surprising what we find out when we are playing around !!! We have 2 Royal Mail vans to develop remaps on for economy, they are hoping for 25-30% improvement, Paul got a 63% improvement but we cant go to them with that as it seems ridiculous, the van was slightly down on torque in a couple of places but still drove OK, it now has a new map with a bit more go but hopefully still will be 40-50 improvement in fuel over stock.

I often wonder if it's worth getting back into the mapping and dyno thing. Trouble is I worked for monkeys who paid peanuts and ended up with about 20k of credit card debt due to crap wages. I also look at what Ryan does and how hard he works and think, to much like hard work. I'll just go and write fruit machine software for 35k a year and develop my full TFT supra dash, Can Bus Autobox controller and various other automotive products quietly at home and leave it to those who actually enjoy it.

Lyndon.

Same as apexi safc,no real difference, i'm hoping the syvecs will be turn my BPU beast into a whole new animal once done

it wont mate but as said when you do go single your syvecs will be needed, my fcon meant i could run the uk turbos at 1.4 bar you will at best in my opinion gain 20hp max

I often wonder if it's worth getting back into the mapping and dyno thing. Trouble is I worked for monkeys who paid peanuts and ended up with about 20k of credit card debt due to crap wages. I also look at what Ryan does and how hard he works and think, to much like hard work. I'll just go and write fruit machine software for 35k a year and develop my full TFT supra dash, Can Bus Autobox controller and various other automotive products quietly at home and leave it to those who actually enjoy it.

Lyndon.

You can always come and play on my dyno if you get bored dude !!!