The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So whats the next step from BPU+ without going single?

Blackie

Stick it on the dyno and see what its doing first, some bpu's fly, others not so much, if i wanted the max from stock twins i would go syvecs and Greddy/hypertune intake.

I got told changing the intake on BPU wouldnt be wise...

However i got cams on mine and they made a difference, Im 406 BHP on BPU but im going Syvecs at the end of the month and that should push it to about 435 BHP but then im going single.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just go single and choose a turbo that suits your hp target for the boost level you want to run, personally it would be garrett gt35 for me will do 500 hp at low boost and should make about 650 flat out. run an xs power manifold twin in tank pumps with bigger injectors.

you can then sell the twins to recoupe some money.

just go single and choose a turbo that suits your hp target for the boost level you want to run, personally it would be garrett gt35 for me will do 500 hp at low boost and should make about 650 flat out. run an xs power manifold twin in tank pumps with bigger injectors.

you can then sell the twins to recoupe some money.

dont even need 2 pumps just stay with one, stock fuel setup with bigger drop in injectors and a decent ecu...

Jamesy ran a single Bosch pump with over 700hp.

Blackie really doesn't want to go single, mines 585hp and he though that was too much for around our way as the roads are pretty poor. But there is no easy way to get to say 470-480hp tbh. Stay bpu mate, super relible and as you know will trounce most cars on the road.

Jamesy ran a single Bosch pump with over 700hp.

Blackie really doesn't want to go single, mines 585hp and he though that was too much for around our way as the roads are pretty poor. But there is no easy way to get to say 470-480hp tbh. Stay bpu mate, super relible and as you know will trounce most cars on the road.

thats what boost control is for he can run whatever boost/power he wants when he wants it, he could run a gt30 if he only wants around the 500 hp and there would be next to no lag.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobygarrett/catelog/Turbochargers/GT30/GT3076R_700382_12.htm

on a 3.0 that turbo should make its 525 hp limit and should see over 400 hp at just 1 bar of boost with virtually no lag. from what ive seen of dyno graphs from the stock twins this single will hit much harder aswell.

Proper mappable ecu to optimize timing and fuelling, maybe a pair of cams, I would say after that it's single time. But you then already have the ecu, and cams, so you aren't buying stuff that's immediately redundant. Going single PROPERLY is a big step, engine should have a proper rebuild first, madness expecting 500 plus BHP from a 100,000 miler or so engine. Fraser MacKellar of Motec gained about 45 BHP on his "BPU" (what a silly and typically American thing that is...) VVTi when he fitted an M800, and pulled some fuel out and added some timing and played with the VVti stuff.

Mine was BPU ++ (or whatever) on Envy Stage 3 Hybrids and ran at around 430bhp, perhaps a little more after all issues were resolved.

I had the stock J-spec 440 injectors and OEM ECU, just all the BPU parts and a large Greddy 2-row FMIC. That was plenty of power for me.

Greb

Actually it was 516 bhp on the hybrids, but it caused serious concern with EGT in the 6th cylinder. The reliable power figure on that particular setup was 475bhp hence the 480bhp comment. That was on a completely built engine too.

My car ran 408bhp on a j spec pump. This was a little risky as the AFR's were a little shot on the dyno so I installed a bosch 044 pump but never got it dyno'd again. I would like to have thought this might have increased to around 415-420 bhp.

The built engine would have made no difference to the power just the reliability, car now has cams and single, which imo it should have had from day 1, hybrids are unreliable and not worth the money. We can do a triple ceramic ball bearing turbo for not much more that will spool prob quicker and do 700 hp.

What will it get to bhp wise? About 430?

The maximum hit so far is 430 and change as far as I know. You will be there or thereabouts with as many trick features as you can handle. The boost control, traction control, knock detection, temperature & pressure monitoring, anti-lag, launch control, etc options are out of this world :D

All on the one fancy little box too :)

The maximum hit so far is 430 and change as far as I know. You will be there or thereabouts with as many trick features as you can handle. The boost control, traction control, knock detection, temperature & pressure monitoring, anti-lag, launch control, etc options are out of this world :D

All on the one fancy little box too :)

And thats all one the ECU? Which one?

No no, you were right the first time :)

Solaris ECU, Ryan G Map, TTC at the flick of a switch all fully & properly mapped.

Expect around 2k ;)

i spoke to ryan about this a few weeks ago for my car and with all the extras knock detection etc it would of been around £3000 total mapped.

• 7 months later...

Old thread to awaken I know but pushing the realms of BPU! I'm looking to be hot on the heels of some singles whilst maintaining reliability...with time n money BPU can get over 450bhp with Stu Hagen getting a max of 493! And an 11.2quarter mile. But all the guys are right it's a ticking timebomb if you push it...hence why I've gone the whole hog to cater for it. The weak part on the stock turbo is the pipework,hence there's only so much they'll flow before over heating or starving of oil n failing as a tidily,as for intake plenums the UK ones can happily flow over 600 bhp,a greedy one can help on a BPU on responsiveness but unless you port your turbo manifold to match you'll lose some low down torque..again the UK fuel system is better than the jspec and the 550 injectors max out at 500-600bhp. some head work n internals can up the power as too can exchanging the viscous fan for electric. See my setup but once I've got my syvecs,custom dp,4inch exhaust and water meth kit il be hoping to get closer to 500 than 450 bhp at 1.4bar

Edited by ADZsupra (see edit history)

Old thread to awaken I know but pushing the realms of BPU! I'm looking to be got on the heels of some singles whilst maintaining reliability...with time n money BPU can get over 450bhp with Stu Hagen getting a max of 493! And an 11.2quarter mile. But all the guys are right it's a ticking timebomb if you push it...hence why I've gone the whole hog to caqter for it. The weak part on the stock turbo is the pipework,hence there's only so much they'll flow,as for intake plenum they'll ones can happily flow over 600 bhp,a greedy one can help on a BPU on responsiveness but unless you port you turbo manifold to march you'll lose some low down torque..again the UK fuel system is better than the jspec and there 550 injectors max out at 500-600bhp. some head work n internals can up the power as too can exchanging the viscous fan for elective. See my setup but once I've got my syvecs,custom dp,4inch exhaust and water meth kit il be hoping to get closer to 500 than 450 bhp at 1.4bar

I'd be really interested to see you push it as far as it'll go :)