The mkiv Supra Owners Club

So whats the next step from BPU+ without going single?

Blackie

That's a kind offer John, haven't seen you for about 15 years be nice to see all your projects.

Lyndon.

Youre welcome whenever dude weve always got something interesting going on, even if its just me getting arrested !!!!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

intresting thread.has anyone heard of a 3.4 stroker on stock twins.i loved the bpu levels bigger TC and cams fmic and decatted and exhaust.strip some weight and upgrade brakes and suspension.never fail to put a smile on your face.with a single the gt35r was an amazing ride when i went in eyefis supra

Just read through the whole thread and dont know what to do now, I've been talking to Paul Whiffin about what can be done to improve my Bpu setup. I've no interest in going single at any point, so buying parts in prep for that are pointless, and im not just adding parts for the purpose of number chasing. But wondered if there is any gain in responce or just a stronger setup to add 264 cams and a remap ( Greddy E Manage Ultimate ) The car is just about to hit 51000 miles, so id guess the engine / turbo's are still in good shape.

Just read through the whole thread and dont know what to do now, I've been talking to Paul Whiffin about what can be done to improve my Bpu setup. I've no interest in going single at any point, so buying parts in prep for that are pointless, and im not just adding parts for the purpose of number chasing. But wondered if there is any gain in responce or just a stronger setup to add 264 cams and a remap ( Greddy E Manage Ultimate ) The car is just about to hit 51000 miles, so id guess the engine / turbo's are still in good shape.

You have had all the respected opinions, you say you never want more than BPU but clearly you do, anything now is big ££££ for little gain, its your £££ but I would leave as is or go for brakes and suspension to go faster.

I totally get what youre saying... Most people are interested in the actual bhp number! Which to be fair is in some regard pointless unless youre sat in a pub comparing output figures! What youre after is to maximise your car, increase throttle response and overall driveability? Finetune what you have....

By the sounds of the experts on here, it sounds like even that is very costly!!! Maybe, upgrading brakes and suspension aint such a bad idea? Unless you have a financial limit of about 2-3k in which case a decent ecu with proper traction control etc could be an idea... or how about a decent lsd? help with traction... surely that would improve things?

If he has no RLTC and no BC then maybe the Syvecs makes sense, by the time you buy and install RLTC and a decent BC a few £££ more buys a Syvecs with IMO better TC and BC, I have driven an 750hp supra that Ryan set up TC on and it was phenominal !!!!

If he has no RLTC and no BC then maybe the Syvecs makes sense, by the time you buy and install RLTC and a decent BC a few £££ more buys a Syvecs with IMO better TC and BC, I have driven an 750hp supra that Ryan set up TC on and it was phenominal !!!!

There you go... May be the way forward for Supra D06.... as he really doesnt want to go single!

You have had all the respected opinions, you say you never want more than BPU but clearly you do, anything now is big ££££ for little gain, its your £££ but I would leave as is or go for brakes and suspension to go faster.

I realy dont want to go single....honest, and before anyone asks, no its not a question of money etc. I Just want a very strong Bpu setup is all, even if parts add zero bhp, im not in it for that, i just want quick responce/hard pulling and some reliability.

I totally get what youre saying... Most people are interested in the actual bhp number! Which to be fair is in some regard pointless unless youre sat in a pub comparing output figures! What youre after is to maximise your car, increase throttle response and overall driveability? Finetune what you have....

By the sounds of the experts on here, it sounds like even that is very costly!!! Maybe, upgrading brakes and suspension aint such a bad idea? Unless you have a financial limit of about 2-3k in which case a decent ecu with proper traction control etc could be an idea... or how about a decent lsd? help with traction... surely that would improve things?

Brakes are next on my list, although not a huge overkill setup just for Bpu. From what ive read, having good condition stock discs, CW fast road pads, braded lines and a fluid change should be ample. And the coilovers i have fitted are less than 500 miles old, just need to have a full geo setup done now.

Car currently has FMIC, Greddy EBC, FCD, Walbro pump, NGK Plugs, full decat, & Apexi Fuel Neo, But has no aftermarket TC. Is RLTC worth getting? I'd imagine the answer is going to be yes.

You will go faster with TC but its not as much fun, only very few survive long without some form of TC you have to be on the ball all the time, being a motorcyclist helps (just look at JP) I have no qualms about driving a 2000hp drag car but my road car has TC !!!!

I realy dont want to go single....honest, and before anyone asks, no its not a question of money etc. I Just want a very strong Bpu setup is all, even if parts add zero bhp, im not in it for that, i just want quick responce/hard pulling and some reliability.

Brakes are next on my list, although not a huge overkill setup just for Bpu. From what ive read, having good condition stock discs, CW fast road pads, braded lines and a fluid change should be ample. And the coilovers i have fitted are less than 500 miles old, just need to have a full geo setup done now.

Car currently has FMIC, Greddy EBC, FCD, Walbro pump, NGK Plugs, full decat, & Apexi Fuel Neo, But has no aftermarket TC. Is RLTC worth getting? I'd imagine the answer is going to be yes.

I would say if you fitted a tiny BB single it would be more reliable than it is now !!!!

Damn you Dude, is there no future for the twin setup lol. In all seriousness, i think im happy to just stick to what i have and make sure its got good brakes and a good geo setup for stopping and handling. I dont want to work the stock turbo's till they go pop, and if nothing else is worth doing without spending alot for little gain, then ill stay as i am. But i think RLTC may be in need of doing, ive been caught out a few times coming off islands, bends etc. Been lucky not to stuff it on at least 2-3 outings.

intresting thread.has anyone heard of a 3.4 stroker on stock twins.i loved the bpu levels bigger TC and cams fmic and decatted and exhaust.strip some weight and upgrade brakes and suspension.never fail to put a smile on your face.with a single the gt35r was an amazing ride when i went in eyefis supra

Someone up here is going 3.4 with stock twins in prep for a big single. We'll see how that goes :)

Damn you Dude, is there no future for the twin setup lol. In all seriousness, i think im happy to just stick to what i have and make sure its got good brakes and a good geo setup for stopping and handling. I dont want to work the stock turbo's till they go pop, and if nothing else is worth doing without spending alot for little gain, then ill stay as i am. But i think RLTC may be in need of doing, ive been caught out a few times coming off islands, bends etc. Been lucky not to stuff it on at least 2-3 outings.

It may be also be worth looking at a decent LSD, ie TRD... it'll add better traction and may be more fun then a full on traction control unit at bpu level!!

Im just trying to save you £££££ dude, you may like cams I would go for SRD 265's to extend the power right to the red line but after that I would look at other stuff, I was told at a track school once you can go fast by never going slowly...........think about it, 800hp single approaches bend braking hard all squiraly, unsettling the car scrubs off too much speed and enters bend too slow, buries throttle struggles to control back end and gain traction, you approach bend peak speed prob 30 mph less, feather brakes, car nice and settled, enter bend prob 10-15 mph quicker than single car, accelerate out putting down every one of your hp !!!!

Good advice mate, and cheers for watching my £££, the other half would like you lol. Just out of interest, if i did go for cams, did you mean 264s? when i spoke to Paul Whiffin thats what he mentioned, but maybe SRD have differnt cams?

Im sure the SRD cams are 265, diff profile to the HKS 264's much newer design and great cams, i always get cams off Lee if he does the profile I need they are fantastic quality and work well, im fitting the 265's to my own road car

I'm using a Emerald K6 on mine. I'm in talks with Dave Walker to make it work on NA / TT and VVTi. Apart from no knock control to speak of it can do most of the things a S6 can do even traction control, egt, can bus, 6 ignition, 6 injector. Runs a PowerPC processor. Unproven technology on supras at the moment so don't get your hopes up as it might be poo. Software looks nice and easy to use though.

£595 + vat retail

Lyndon.

I'm using a Emerald K6 on mine. I'm in talks with Dave Walker to make it work on NA / TT and VVTi. Apart from no knock control to speak of it can do most of the things a S6 can do even traction control, egt, can bus, 6 ignition, 6 injector. Runs a PowerPC processor. Unproven technology on supras at the moment so don't get your hopes up as it might be poo. Software looks nice and easy to use though.

£595 + vat retail

Lyndon.

The whole point of the Syvecs is really the knock control Lyndon but interesting to see how you get on with the Emerald.

I've got lee's SRD cams on my BPU beast! Pick it up next week,will let you know it goes

Did you dyno it before, im going to do a direct before and after so we will see the diff in black and white, I know they will work well.