The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

Suppose i had a great big fan there an all replicating wind noise?

Why am i imagining the old black and white WW2 spitfire scene where the scenery is being shaken etc and JP talking into his headgear like he is on Helium !!!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just had a lucky escape, had some knocking when pulling away today, i thought the clutch was playing up at first but it got worse and i could hear it was coming from the rear end, my next thought was the diff was buggered, stopped to see my mate steve at the tyre shop up the road and i got under the car to see the prop hanging off, all three diff flange bolts had almost come off, they all look to be stretched to me, i did them up and took it easy on the way home, going to try and find some ARP bolts in the right size.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/a6e2fbff.jpg

Quick question Jamie. Is that the Whifbitz 4" titanium exhaust you have on your Supra?

Probably on the edge of it's limit then. Looks a monster of a prop too.

Will you need to go full custom now or are there other options on the market?

What do you reckon they will do about your failure? I'm guessing a replacement would just fail in the same way.

Divide your hub torque by your diff ratio, that's just the torque that small diameter spline is being asked to take. Factor in torque reversals and shock loads (especially shock loads given your many drag race starts), and it is absolutely no surprise to me it's twisted. My only surprise is it hasn't sheared yet! Looking at it it won't be long, that's well beyond it's elasticity limit! You need a prop with some proper big U'J's as the spline size is dictated by the physical size of the joints you are currently using. Whats the diameter of the root of the splines, doesn't look much, plus the finish on them is horrible?