The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

good result mate - as ive said in the past the number is irrelivant really....the SMILES are what matters!! ;)

This pretty much somes it up i think, when you ran at Suprapod it made me smile and I wasn't even in the car!! Insane power regardless the way it moves is mental!

Ive been thinking about this for a while now, The car is pretty insane as it is and im not sure i want to put a big laggy turbo on it, im thinking to leave the engine as it is now and put the money towards an R35 GTR.

No, dont bother with updates on there anymore.

Oooh another project :) I think there is a point where you can go too far and ruin it, your car is awesome as is definitely one of the best supras in the club. I bet you have a sex wee every time you drive it I know I would :D I bet she loves to shake her hips when you boot it :p

Just had a lucky escape, had some knocking when pulling away today, i thought the clutch was playing up at first but it got worse and i could hear it was coming from the rear end, my next thought was the diff was buggered, stopped to see my mate steve at the tyre shop up the road and i got under the car to see the prop hanging off, all three diff flange bolts had almost come off, they all look to be stretched to me, i did them up and took it easy on the way home, going to try and find some ARP bolts in the right size.

Just had a lucky escape, had some knocking when pulling away today, i thought the clutch was playing up at first but it got worse and i could hear it was coming from the rear end, my next thought was the diff was buggered, stopped to see my mate steve at the tyre shop up the road and i got under the car to see the prop hanging off, all three diff flange bolts had almost come off, they all look to be stretched to me, i did them up and took it easy on the way home, going to try and find some ARP bolts in the right size.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/a6e2fbff.jpg

Check the other end to, we've 2 cars do this now using the same prop as you. I would Loctite them personally.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/a6e2fbff.jpg

Is that due to drag launches or just vibrations?

Yeah i checked the others and put some loctite on them.

I think shakespeare last weekend started it off, i felt the odd knock when on the way home from there but put down to the clutch, good news is the clutch feels 100% again now, i went for another blast a couple of hours ago and all is good.

Yeah i checked the others and put some loctite on them.

I think shakespeare last weekend started it off, i felt the odd knock when on the way home from there but put down to the clutch, good news is the clutch feels 100% again now, i went for another blast a couple of hours ago and all is good.

Result!! With the outrageous power the car is bound to throw a hissy fit every now and again. Glad you got it sorted and all is well.

I had a lot of people question how accurate my speedo is in this video.

I did a little clip yesterday to prove just how spot on it is, 90mph speedo= 91 satnav.

http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/?action=view¤t=190cd1eb.mp4

That's fantastic. I always think about going for a bigger rolling radius of tyres to pull my speedo in a bit more accurate. What size tyres are you running Jamie? Just for comparison, I'll try to get a similar overall diameter.

Cheers

Rears are 335/30/18, stock speedo with stock wheels seems to be a fair chunk out, Lee's Na on uk 17's reads 100mph speedo and 90mph on my phone.

Yeah stock speedo's are generally 5-10% down. It's a manufacturers guideline or something like that. The speedos aren't allowed to over-read so they drop them a little bit so that they can never be blamed for speeding :D

No, watch it again, if it was there would be no change in the light.

She said you had someone outside the car moving a torch and shining it through the car side window!

As unbelievable as the acceleration may have appeared, I told her it would be genuine.

She said you had someone outside the car moving a torch and shining it through the car side window!

As unbelievable as the acceleration may have appeared, I told her it would be genuine.

Suppose i had a great big fan there an all replicating wind noise?