The mkiv Supra Owners Club

JamieP's Black Beast (update 1132bhp & 840ftlb at hubs)

JamieP

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the car back home, big thanks to Lee for getting to the bottom of the sticking clutch peddle, feels brilliant now.

Love the new exhaust, its got a really nice tone to it, must be a titanium thing.

Had a great drive home, I never take much notice of the boost gauge, it might be over boosting a bit, was hitting 2.6bar on the way home, It felt a bit naughty:cool:

Got the car back home, big thanks to Lee for getting to the bottom of the sticking clutch peddle, feels brilliant now.

Love the new exhaust, its got a really nice tone to it, must be a titanium thing.

Had a great drive home, I never take much notice of the boost gauge, it might be over boosting a bit, was hitting 2.6bar on the way home, It felt a bit naughty:cool:

Must be that freer flowing exhaust :innocent:

Im really in two minds what to do with the car at present, i want to get some good drag times from the car and the best way to do that is in the HKS drag series, its just im not sure i can be bothered to do all the work thats needed to pass the hks rules, drag racing is fun but not where my heart is if im honest, i dont feel i have the bug, its more like peer preasure to get a good time im feeling, people expect it, maybe i should just stick with the odd rwyb, would save me a fortune what with the cost of fitting a new cage etc, money that can be spent on going for more power:D

I got a few weeks to make my mind up.

Im really in two minds what to do with the car at present, i want to get some good drag times from the car and the best way to do that is in the HKS drag series, its just im not sure i can be bothered to do all the work thats needed to pass the hks rules, drag racing is fun but not where my heart is if im honest, i dont feel i have the bug, its more like peer preasure to get a good time im feeling, people expect it, maybe i should just stick with the odd rwyb, would save me a fortune what with the cost of fitting a new cage etc, money that can be spent on going for more power:D

I got a few weeks to make my mind up.

Why do you say peer pressure??

Do you think the club members expect more from you and you car. For me it's a club full of people with a common interest, not somewhere where your expected to excel or conform. The way I see it is, you want to run a 9. That should be your goal. Reasses the situation once you make that 9, and see where you want to go from there.

All i ever hear is "you should do a nine" i took suprapod far to seriously trying to get a good start and never enjoyed the day like i have in past years, get to serious and the fun is gone from these days.

I enjoyed myself more yesterday, having a chat and no messing about with the car, just a couple of steady runs.

All i ever hear is "you should do a nine" i took suprapod far to seriously trying to get a good start and never enjoyed the day like i have in past years, get to serious and the fun is gone from these days.

I enjoyed myself more yesterday, having a chat and no messing about with the car, just a couple of steady runs.

End of the day, its your car, you should enjoy driving it for yourself...

As you mentioned, not many cars are capable of putting down the power, on the drag strip, track, drift circuit etc etc and still be used as a street car..

Basically the ultimate car..

I'd just enjoy it JP on the RWYB days. Rock up in the car with the X5 bringing the supplies - but do it when you want. When you HAVE to go to events, you never WANT to go - then the fun is stripped away.

Plus, will making it "HKS legal" detract from it's day to day driving appeal? If so, you're on the slippery slope...

I'm guilty of saying you should do a 9, didn't realise it was putting pressure on you and you wernt enjoying it, sorry big guy.

You need to do what you enjoy the most however I do think if you leave draging now you may regret it, you are so close to one of your goals, it will happen one day but you just need to do it for yourself.

Not sure how this post will come across and I don't want it to insult you in anyway with it.

Im not having a go at anyone, its my own fault for posting about running the car, the pressure to get that time has took the fun out of it this year though, I have all winter now to get the fight back in me and look at my drag setup.

Exactly why I didn't bother with HKS series to much to do for 'fun' runs, I decided doing the Pro Street Drag Series at Shakey was far more relaxed.

I did fit a trans blanket when the prop hoop was done along with the roll bar and 5 point SFI harness. All this because after seeing a few 'miss apps' I realised I’d feel safer if these safety factors were in place ;)

Looking at drag racing as an only hobby I’d probablyy go V8 old school yank so nothing t serious for the soop for me and no chasing times,I’lll pleasedI’vee run into mid 11's and would like a 10 but no rush for me.

What ever way you go with the car its got to be what 'you' want, you are naturally a good driver so good luck what ever you do :thumbs:

Hey Gaz, yeah i hear what you are saying mate, might be a better way for me, shakey is very easy for me to get to an all, I was thinking about it today and no matter what im doing with the car a proper cage is a nice thing to have so i will still have that fitted over winter, i can make my mind up in the spring that way.

I dont mind doing the cage, its things like having to hammer the crap out of the trans tunnel to get the scatter sheild on is what puts me off, might see if the allow a box blanket instead.

The blanket is allowed JP and pretty cheap, the cage will stiffen the car and make it launch better anyway, youve done yourself and the club proud JP, make no mistake, youi have one awesome car and it stands against ANy supra I can think of ANYWHERE, the 9 is there its just like most peoples abs, slightly hidden, a few tweaks and its a done deal.

Mate at the end of the day its all about doing what you enjoy and having a laugh at the same time.

Yesterday you were a lot more relaxed, you put in the best terminal and had a laugh doing it and that's what its about.