The mkiv Supra Owners Club

mr hyde. na-t budgit track supra

dr_jekyll

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

thaught id bring this back to life and re name it as my on going car update thread.

few small chnges made to the car recently .

i have fitted a pair of fuel pumps to allow it to eventually be mapped again to unleash its full potential.

repositioned the seat

and made a 1 off super rear wing with a flexi home made drs system :) pics and a bit more info coming soon.

i have only 1 more round of the tss this season. and after that there will be big revisions for next season so all will be logged right here .... i know your all as exited as i am

Very cool indeed. Totally missed this thread. Just gone though from the start. Looks like you started on a high had a bit of a low and thing's look to be on the way up again.

Are you still my best contact for the flywheel? My painstakingly slow engine upgrade is almost ready for one. :-)

Very cool indeed. Totally missed this thread. Just gone though from the start. Looks like you started on a high had a bit of a low and thing's look to be on the way up again.

Are you still my best contact for the flywheel? My painstakingly slow engine upgrade is almost ready for one. :-)

the lows are normalyjust me being over the top due to my firey maltese temprement and my split persoanality, but when i returne back to nice craig i get back on it without throwing my teddys :)

flywheel whenever you need it budy

did a few more bits to the car today. with the last round fast aproaching i replaced the a02b diff with an a01b for the shorted final drive and it acelerates very fast now . noticably faster to 60 and off the mark. shoud suit the sprinting well

the car is a funny one though, its the first time its been started for a while and it wouldnt idle or run properly for ages sfter starting it , missfireing / choaking and cutting out. then after hooking it up to another running supra its quickly sorted itself out and was fine ? but it was runnig anyway? weird car this one

so here is my wing. i have added an extra wider element to the top. theis top element is adjustable as is the bottom one . but the new one will allow flex when under stress. the amount of flex is adjustable by tightening or loosening the 2 long bolts at each end . if they are fully tightend the wing will not flex back on them. if they are slackend the top part of the wing can flex back to lessen drag at high speed. also gives me the advantage of 2 end plates :) proof through tresting is still in waiting but it may work . so why not

attachment.php?attachmentid=139779&d=1317188930

attachment.php?attachmentid=139780&d=1317189284

attachment.php?attachmentid=139782&d=1317189583

10092011274.jpg

10092011275.jpg

10092011276.jpg

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

and here is the pump setup that i hope will do the business

attachment.php?attachmentid=139837&d=1317319486

attachment.php?attachmentid=139838&d=1317319565

i have a walbro 255 runing alongside astock pump.

to get them both to run on 12v i used both the wires on the stock plugs as 12v lives wired from the cars kill swich on the dash with a 25 anp fuse inline . i then drilled a hole through the top of the casing and attached both earths from the pump to a 10mm bolt and tighend it through the hole to leave an earthing post . i then ran a nice thick earth straght to the chassis . now to get the pumps to swithc i used 2 30 amp relays that initially were to be triggerd by the purple wire on the pump ecu but at only 6 volts it would not switch the relays . so i uses the 12v ign from the pump ecu loom to switch the relays and run the pumps . this is NOT an ideal way of doing things as the pumps now run with the key on acc but as the aye taken from my kill switch i think it will be fine for my track car as if i bin it ill flip the toggle anyway that will kill the pumps and ignittion but i would not recomend it done this way on a road car .

11082011252.jpg

11082011253.jpg

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

ill be looking for sugestions on what to to with the body for next year too.

obviously imlooking for the most aero efficiant package . im thinking of ditching the veilside front and skirts in favor of somthing more air efficient and stronger .

do the stock fronts with the canards really do anything. and what can we do to get more air over the car .

as for skirts again . i want durable light and straight along the bottom for better aero

feel free to offer all sugestions